Need to write a research proposal

• Thread starter insanemembrane
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Research
In summary, the individual is seeking ideas for topics or areas to explore in their research proposal for a module on research methods. They clarify that this is a separate project from their dissertation and thus has a wider scope for potential work. They have already asked a similar question on another platform.
insanemembrane
Hey guys,

I have to write a research proposal for one of my modules (Reseach Methods) this year, I don't actually have to do the research. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for topics or areas that would be good to look into?

Engineering news on Phys.org
insanemembrane said:
Hey guys,

I have to write a research proposal for one of my modules (Reseach Methods) this year, I don't actually have to do the research. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for topics or areas that would be good to look into?

Is this the same question that you already asked? https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=717585

They certainly are similar questions but I have since been allocated a project for my dissertation. This research proposal is simply just a proposal for a different module and I believe there is a much broader scope for the amount of work that could be done as I don't actually have to conduct the research myself.

Related to Need to write a research proposal

What is a research proposal?

A research proposal is a document that outlines the proposed research project, including the research question, objectives, methodology, and potential outcomes. It serves as a roadmap for the research and is used to convince others that the project is worth pursuing.

Why is it important to write a research proposal?

Writing a research proposal is important because it helps to clarify and organize your research ideas, identify potential challenges and limitations, and demonstrate the significance and feasibility of your project. It also serves as a tool to secure funding and gain approval from a research committee or institution.

What should be included in a research proposal?

A research proposal typically includes an introduction, literature review, research question/hypothesis, methodology, timeline, budget, and potential outcomes. It may also include a section on the significance and relevance of the research, as well as any potential ethical considerations.

How long should a research proposal be?

The length of a research proposal can vary depending on the specific requirements of the project or institution. However, on average, a research proposal is typically 1500-2000 words. It is important to follow any guidelines or word limits provided by the institution or funding agency.

How do I write a successful research proposal?

To write a successful research proposal, it is important to thoroughly research the topic and clearly articulate the research question and objectives. It should also have a well-defined methodology and demonstrate the potential impact and significance of the research. It is also important to follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the institution or funding agency, and to proofread and edit the proposal for clarity and accuracy.