Need help ordering parts for a nuclear fusion reactor

Mathiasrd
TL;DR Summary
Looking for a spherical vacuum chamber
Sorry for bad english, does anyone know where I can purchase a spherical vacuum chamber made from metal, that preferably ships internationally ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Are you wanting to build a DIY fusor, or some sort of laboratory-grade tokamak? :wink:

Also, what is your experience level with high-voltage systems and handling x-rays?

Likes bhobba and hutchphd
Vacuum systems also......

Likes bhobba
I don't know about too many people who could successfully built one DIY, but I know nobody who could do it without a mentor. (I mean, an IRL one. With expertise. In many things.)

So - just get one.

Ps.: it's an advantage if that mentor knows where the dismissed equipment from the local university get dumped.

Last edited:
Likes bhobba
If any.

While I am sure spherical vacuum chambers exist, I have never - in decades in and around labs - have seen one. As a general rule, you want your equipment staying where you put it and not rolling around on the bench. Or rolling onto the floor and breaking. Or....or...or...

• Haha
Likes kered rettop and bhobba
Also, I wonder why it is not common knowledge that this level of energy and stuff already means radiation/radioactive hazard?

Sure, by now it's 'easy' to do early experiments since all the calculations and know-how is readily available from 'history' books, but seriously :nb) :oldconfused:

Likes bhobba