Need Accounting Help for Homework?

• Thread starter Darken-Sol
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Accounting
In summary, accounting is the process of recording and analyzing financial transactions to provide information for decision making and reporting. The basic principles of accounting include consistency, materiality, and conservatism. There are various types of accounting, including financial, management, tax, and forensic accounting. The key financial statements in accounting are the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement. Common accounting methods include accrual and cash accounting, with some methods combining elements of both.
Darken-Sol
i am helping my girl with her accounting II homework. i just jumped in and the math seems easy enough. her textbook seems kind of vague, was just wondering if i could bounce a few questions off someone. may be get a few formulas i missed in accounting I.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, just post the questions in the other sciences homework section and be sure to use the template and show all of the work attempted to solve it.

Related to Need Accounting Help for Homework?

1. What is the purpose of accounting?

Accounting is the process of recording, summarizing, and analyzing financial transactions to provide information for decision making and financial reporting. It helps individuals and organizations track their financial performance and make informed decisions about their resources and investments.

2. What are the basic principles of accounting?

The basic principles of accounting include the principle of consistency, which states that accounting methods and practices should remain the same over time; the principle of materiality, which states that significant and relevant information should be reported; and the principle of conservatism, which states that when there are multiple acceptable options, the one with the least favorable outcome should be chosen.

3. What are the different types of accounting?

There are several types of accounting, including financial accounting, which focuses on external reporting to stakeholders; management accounting, which provides information for internal decision making; tax accounting, which deals with tax-related financial reporting; and forensic accounting, which involves investigating financial crimes or disputes.

4. What are the key financial statements in accounting?

The key financial statements in accounting include the balance sheet, which reports an organization's assets, liabilities, and equity at a specific point in time; the income statement, which shows an organization's revenues, expenses, and profits over a period of time; and the cash flow statement, which tracks the flow of cash in and out of the organization.

5. What are the common accounting methods?

The common accounting methods include the accrual method, which records revenues and expenses when they are earned and incurred, regardless of when cash is exchanged; and the cash method, which records revenues and expenses when cash is actually received or paid. There are also hybrid methods that combine elements of both accrual and cash accounting.