My air conditioning doesn't cold

In summary, the speaker is asking for information on the pressure of the air conditioner compressor system in their Dodge Neon 97. They are considering recharging the refrigerant themselves, but it is recommended to consult the shop manual or have a professional do it.
omaremanuels
Hello everybody! i have a dodge neon 97 and i want to know how much pressure (PSI) receive the charge suction of the air conditioner compressor system? because i wan't to put the gas refrigerant recharge by myself

Engineering news on Phys.org
Probably not a good idea and not something we could know.

If it needs refrigerant, it probably has a leak...

You would need to read the shop manual for your vehicle to see what the recharge procedure is for it. The shop manual is available at most auto parts stores, or from your local Dodge dealer. But it may be cheaper to have a shop do the recharge for you, rather than buying the shop manual -- you could check and compare the prices.

Related to My air conditioning doesn't cold

1. Why is my air conditioning not blowing cold air?

There could be several reasons for this issue, including a dirty air filter, low refrigerant levels, a malfunctioning compressor, or a faulty thermostat. It is best to have a professional inspect and diagnose the problem.

2. How often do I need to replace the air filter in my air conditioning unit?

The air filter should be replaced every 1-3 months, depending on factors such as the type of filter, frequency of use, and level of air pollutants in your home. A clogged air filter can restrict air flow and cause your air conditioning to not cool properly.

3. Can I refill the refrigerant in my air conditioning unit myself?

No, refrigerant should only be handled by a licensed professional. Attempting to refill it yourself can be dangerous and may even cause further damage to your unit.

4. How can I tell if my air conditioning compressor is not working?

If your air conditioning unit is not blowing cold air and you can hear the compressor running, it is likely that the compressor is not functioning properly. Other signs of a faulty compressor may include loud or unusual noises coming from the unit.

5. How can I prevent my air conditioning from losing its cooling ability?

Regular maintenance and cleaning are key to keeping your air conditioning working properly. In addition, make sure to change the air filter regularly, keep the outdoor unit free of debris, and have a professional inspect and tune-up your unit at least once a year.