Mixed Resistive Inductive load

• Thread starter onceinalifetim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Load Mixed
In summary, the real power is 300W and the reactive power is 382var. The inductive load is 1.2 and the power factor is 0.99.
onceinalifetim
hello

i do have something unclear about =..

POWER Real Power Reactive Power Inductive Load
500 511 W 329VAR 1.2
400 519W 312VAR 2.0L
300 490W 382VAR 3.2L

IS ABOUT MIXED RESISTIVE INDUCTIVE LOAD..

MY THOUGHT OF THIS IS THAT… THE PURPOSE OF THE INDUCTIVE IS TO STORE ENERGY..
BUT WHEN THE POWER IS 500, MY REAL POWER IS 511 AND REACTIVE POWER IS 329.. BUT THE INDUCTIVE LOAD IS 1.2.. SO AM I RIGHT TO SAY THAT THE LOWER INDUCTIVE AND HIGHER THE REAL POWER?

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CAUSE THE CHANGE AND HOW DOES IT EFFECT?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Where did you get that set of numbers from?

What does the L signify in 2.0L ?

The L is Henries I would assume and is the example induction for the 1st and 3rd columns The first column is probably "apparent power" for mixed circuits. The 2nd column is for resistive only circuits. 3rd column is for reactive only circuits. Just my educated guess but I'm a newby to this stuff.

Real power is resistive circuits only from just reading about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power

I could be wrong about that first column meaning apparent power.

It looks to me (again I'm a noob) that the higher the inductionthen the higher the reactive power (obviously) and thus lower Real power. So I believe you are correct when you say the lower the inductive load the higher the real (resistive) power. I would assume it's something to do with the phase offsets of voltage vs current via the inductive portion that causes this effect.

When R = 0 you have 90 degree current lag due to induction. As the resistance increases, the 90 degree current lag due to induction decreases towards non lag.

Thanks for the reply gents,

But what is the purpose of having inductance to it?? How does it effect...

Cos the voltage input is 380, the resistive load is 300w and inductance is 3.2L.
The output of real power is 490w and reactive is 382var... How does it effect each other...?

onceinalifetim said:
But what is the purpose of having inductance to it?? How does it effect...
Some inductance in the load is unavoidable, it's a consequence of using wires to create electromagnets in devices such as solenoids, transformers, and motors, and of using wires as long power transmissions lines. Everything made using coils of wire has inductance, and it's inescapable.

As for explaining your set of numbers, I'm still waiting for my question to be answered:
Where did you get that set of numbers from?

What does the L signify in 2.0L ?

is a experiment that i need to do..

In testing - high inductance allow you to test at full voltage, AND full current - but at very low power.

For example - you could conceivably test a 100KW system that is 90% Eff, with only a 10KW supply - granted there are some REAL losses in the inductor.

let take take voltage is 380v
line length is 150km
active power consume is 300w

output after setting up

voltage: 377
current (line end) ; 0.45
reactive power: 35
power factor :0.99
current (line start); 0.44
active power :303
reactive power (line start); -31

i still unclear about the result

Where did you get these figures from? What is the exact question associated with them?

It does not seem that your data "adds up" - 1Ph or 3 Ph?

Active (real ) power 300W? 300W/(377V * Sqrt 3) = I line .459A... that is just the current due to the REAL power - etc

Also -- 150kM line will often be capacitive but the load at the end is inductive. ( I believe that is the root issue you are looking for)

Also -- if you are looking for an accurate formula - include the units - when the units are applied in the mathematical formula you will often find the errors because the units come out wrong.

Related to Mixed Resistive Inductive load

What is a mixed resistive inductive load?

A mixed resistive inductive load is a type of electrical circuit or system that contains both resistive and inductive components. This means that the circuit has both resistance and inductance, which can affect the flow of electric current and the behavior of the circuit.

How does a mixed resistive inductive load differ from a purely resistive or purely inductive load?

A purely resistive load contains only resistive components, meaning that the current and voltage are in phase with each other. A purely inductive load, on the other hand, contains only inductive components, resulting in a phase shift between current and voltage. A mixed resistive inductive load combines both types of components, resulting in a combination of resistive and inductive behavior.

What are some common examples of mixed resistive inductive loads?

Some common examples of mixed resistive inductive loads include household appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines, as well as industrial machinery, power tools, and electric motors. These types of loads typically contain both resistive heating elements and inductive motors or coils.

How does a mixed resistive inductive load affect power consumption?

Due to the combination of resistive and inductive components, mixed resistive inductive loads can have a higher power consumption compared to purely resistive loads. This is because inductive components can cause energy losses in the form of heat and electromagnetic interference.

How can the effects of a mixed resistive inductive load be mitigated?

To mitigate the effects of a mixed resistive inductive load, various techniques can be used such as power factor correction, which helps to improve the power factor and reduce energy losses. Other methods include using higher quality components, reducing the length of wires and cables, and balancing the load across phases.