MiracleGro urea residue removal?

• Thread starter Joebase
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Residue
In summary, the speaker is looking for a way to dissolve the white residue that builds up on stone or tile from using large quantities of Miracle Gro fertilizer on annual flowers. They have tried using Muriatic acid but it is messy and has overetched some surfaces. A user on Answers.com suggests using a 25% bleach solution with kitty litter pickup to remove the stain from concrete.
Joebase
I use large quantities of Miracle Gro fertilizing large pots of annual flowers. Anyone know a way to dissolve the white residue that builds up on stone or tile after repeated applications (I assume this is the insoluble urea in the product.). I usually wash down these surfaces after the stuff has drained out but cannot do this all the time, thus the problem. I have been fairly successful with Muriatic but the neutralization tends to be messy and leaving it too long has overetched some of the surfaces I have treated. Any ideas out there?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I doubt the residue is just urea, as if it were it would be quite easy to remove just with water.

Related to MiracleGro urea residue removal?

1. What is MiracleGro urea residue removal?

MiracleGro urea residue removal is a product designed to remove any leftover urea residue from the soil after using MiracleGro fertilizer. Urea is a common ingredient in fertilizers that provides plants with nitrogen for growth, but excess residue can potentially harm plants and contaminate water sources.

2. How does it work?

MiracleGro urea residue removal works by breaking down the leftover urea molecules in the soil into smaller, harmless compounds that can be easily absorbed by plants or washed away by water. It contains enzymes and natural ingredients that aid in the decomposition process.

3. Is it safe to use in my garden?

Yes, MiracleGro urea residue removal is safe to use in your garden. It is made with natural ingredients and does not contain any harmful chemicals. However, it is important to follow the instructions on the package and avoid direct contact with skin or eyes.

4. How often should I use it?

The frequency of use for MiracleGro urea residue removal depends on the amount of urea residue in your soil. If you use MiracleGro fertilizer regularly, it is recommended to use the residue removal product every 2-3 months. Otherwise, you can use it as needed or after heavy rainfall.

5. Can I use it on all types of soil?

MiracleGro urea residue removal can be used on all types of soil, including clay, loam, and sandy soils. It is effective in removing urea residue from any type of soil, but results may vary depending on the amount of residue present and the frequency of use.