Meet STEM Educators | Get a Shout Out from the Experts

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stem
In summary, the conversation involved a group of STEM educators introducing themselves and discussing their involvement in STEM education. One participant is an assistant professor at Cleveland State University, involved in several collaborative programs and grants related to STEM education. Another participant is a middle school science teacher in California, actively involved in various STEM programs and events. Both share a passion for engaging students in STEM and promoting a love for science and technology.
Let's get a shout out from our STEM educators out there. If you're involved in the STEM education world please introduce yourself. Tell us how you are involved and maybe where.

Science news on Phys.org
I'll start.

I'm an assistant professor in physics at Cleveland State University, and I participate in several collaborative STEM education programs with the colleges of education and engineering: CSUTeach (http://www.csuohio.edu/cehs/te/csuteach, developed in concert with UTeach), I am Co-PI on 1 funded (OpSTEM, http://csuw3.csuohio.edu/sciences/dept/mathematics/OpSTEMbrochure.pdf) and 1 pending (IUSE, http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2014/nsf14588/nsf14588.htm) NSF grant, and am currently working (with my colleagues) to create a stand-alone STEM education center.

My department's culture is also very education-inflected, primarily because of this: http://www.wiley.com/college/sc/halliday. Our SPS chapter does a lot of K-12 outreach activities with local STEM magnet/charter schools (with adult supervision).

Likes Shinaolord and Greg Bernhardt

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah and I am a middle school science teacher in California. I have been teaching for 5 years now and have a passion for all things STEM. I am involved in various STEM programs and clubs at my school, and I also participate in local STEM events and workshops for teachers. I love finding new and creative ways to engage my students in STEM and help them develop a love for science and technology. Looking forward to connecting with other STEM educators here!

Related to Meet STEM Educators | Get a Shout Out from the Experts

What is "STEM Educators Shout Out"?

"STEM Educators Shout Out" is a platform that recognizes and celebrates the achievements and contributions of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) educators. It aims to promote and support STEM education by highlighting the hard work and dedication of these educators.

Who can participate in "STEM Educators Shout Out"?

Anyone can participate in "STEM Educators Shout Out" by submitting a nomination for a STEM educator who has made a positive impact in their community. This can be a colleague, mentor, teacher, or anyone who has inspired and influenced others in the field of STEM education.

How are the nominees selected for "STEM Educators Shout Out"?

Nominations are carefully reviewed by a panel of experts in the field of STEM education. The panel evaluates the impact and contributions of each nominee and selects the most deserving educators to be featured on the platform.

What are the benefits of participating in "STEM Educators Shout Out"?

Participating in "STEM Educators Shout Out" provides recognition and appreciation for the hard work and dedication of STEM educators. It also helps to promote and inspire others to pursue careers in STEM fields. Additionally, featured educators will have the opportunity to network and connect with other professionals in the STEM community.

How can I get involved with "STEM Educators Shout Out"?

There are several ways to get involved with "STEM Educators Shout Out". You can nominate an educator, spread the word about the platform, or even volunteer to be a part of the panel that reviews nominations. You can also follow the platform on social media to stay updated on the latest news and events.