Mechanical Engineering Requirements

In summary, a 16-year-old aspiring mechanical engineer from Egypt is seeking guidance on how to advance his skills. The expert suggests looking into university course lists for mechanical engineering and gaining practical experience by getting hired at an engineering company. This will not only provide valuable experience, but also give insight on how classroom knowledge can be applied in the real world.
OmarCG
Okay, I hope I'm not bothering, but I just need some help, I'm a 16 years old guy from Egypt, I love Engineering and I've learned the Autodesk Inventor in 2011 (I was only 13), anyway, I need to boost my abilities to be able to be an mechanical engineer, I'm still in high school, but I'm willing and able to learn anything to qualify me as an mechanical engineer, you know the basics, I'm good at maths, physics and mechanics of course, but I need something like a "syllabus" just to know where to start, courses, liscences anything that could help me, I'm going to be grateful if you can help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Check out a university course list for mechanical engineering. That'll give you an idea of what you're going to be in for.

However, since it seems you have some practical experience with CAD and maybe drafting, my advice would be to try to get hired on at an engineering company. I started working at an aerospace composites company at 17 doing some designing/drafting and some software programming. Smaller companies will like to hire someone with some practical skill but not have to pay them an engineer's salary. Practical work experience is great to have after you finish your degree, and as a bonus you can see how the classes you're taking actually apply in the real world (something school doesn't give you enough of).

Thanks a lot tim

Related to Mechanical Engineering Requirements

1. What education is required for a career in mechanical engineering?

In order to become a mechanical engineer, you will need at least a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a master's degree for more advanced positions.

2. What skills are necessary for a mechanical engineering career?

Mechanical engineers need a combination of technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. They should also have strong communication and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to think creatively and innovatively.

3. Are there any specific courses that are required for a degree in mechanical engineering?

Some common courses in a mechanical engineering curriculum may include calculus, physics, thermodynamics, materials science, and engineering design. However, specific course requirements may vary depending on the institution.

4. What kind of job opportunities are available for mechanical engineers?

Mechanical engineers can work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and energy. They may also work in research and development, consulting, or government positions.

5. Is a license or certification required for a career in mechanical engineering?

In the United States, a license is not required for entry-level positions in mechanical engineering. However, many states do require a license for engineers who offer their services directly to the public. Additionally, some employers may prefer or require their mechanical engineers to be certified by a professional organization.