Low volume heard in phone calls, How to raise the volume?

In summary, the volume in conversations may be low due to a problem with signal strength or due to wear and tear on the microphone. If the volume is low even when using headphones, then it may be an issue with the microphone.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Cannot hear others clearly during phone calls on LG Android . Tried changing settings unsuccessfully.
Hi,
I have an LG K8 Android 2018. I am having trouble with the volume in conversations. I tried changing different settings without success. Any suggestions on how to raise the volume level during conversations? Is it a physical issue of wear and tear of the microphone, an issue with settings, etc?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sometimes it is a problem of signal strength. There should be an indicator on the phone. Moving around could help.

Likes WWGD
Do you face this problem if you use earphones/headphones (Bluetooth/wired)? If you turn on speaker, is the volume still low? Has this problem started since some time, or was it there when you bought the phone?

Likes WWGD
Wrichik Basu said:
Do you face this problem if you use earphones/headphones (Bluetooth/wired)? If you turn on speaker, is the volume still low? Has this problem started since some time, or was it there when you bought the phone?
Thank you. I tried a while back ; will try again. Sorry if I'm being lazy; thought maybe I was missing something simple. Last I tried using the speaker, I could hear better on my end but was told by those on the other end that they could not hear me.

WWGD said:
Last I tried using the speaker, I could hear better on my end but was told by those on the other end that they could not hear me.
Okay, I thought it was an issue with both speaker and microphone. If it is only the microphone, then there is no Android setting to change the volume of the mic, as far as I know. Assuming you have a Google account, try this: download the Google Meet app on your phone, and on a separate phone of someone else. Start a meeting, and add the second person. You two should sit in two rooms far away, preferably on two ends of your house, or in different floors. If on the same floor, close the doors. Now try speaking. Can the other person hear you? Can you hear them?

If they can't hear you, is the problem solved if you use headphones/earphones?

If you have Zoom or WhatsApp, even that will work. Don't use the normal voice call system.

Let us know the results.

Likes WWGD

Related to Low volume heard in phone calls, How to raise the volume?

1. Why is the volume low in my phone calls?

There could be several reasons for low volume in phone calls. It could be due to a hardware issue, such as a damaged speaker or microphone. It could also be caused by a software issue, such as a glitch in the phone's operating system. Another possibility is that the phone's volume settings are too low.

2. How can I fix the low volume in my phone calls?

The first step to fixing low volume in phone calls is to check your phone's volume settings. Make sure the volume is turned up to an appropriate level. If the volume settings are not the issue, try restarting your phone or checking for any software updates. If the problem persists, it may be a hardware issue that requires professional repair.

3. Can I increase the volume during a phone call?

Yes, most phones have the option to adjust the volume during a phone call. This can usually be done by using the volume buttons on the side of your phone or by accessing the volume settings within the phone call itself. If you are unable to increase the volume, it may be due to a hardware or software issue.

4. Is there a way to permanently increase the volume for all phone calls?

Some phones have the option to set a default volume for all phone calls. This can usually be found in the phone's settings under the sound or volume section. Keep in mind that this will only work if the volume issue is not caused by a hardware problem.

5. Can using a headset or speakerphone improve the volume in phone calls?

In some cases, using a headset or speakerphone can improve the volume in phone calls. This is because these devices have their own built-in speakers and microphones, which may be of better quality or positioned closer to your ears and mouth. However, if the volume issue is caused by a hardware problem with your phone, using a headset or speakerphone may not make a difference.