Looking for help Setting up a Power Recovery Circuit

In summary, if you want to use a generator to power something like a light, you would need to connect up a Power Recovery Circuit to it in order to store and discharge the power quickly and efficiently.
Mastiffman
Hello there Everyone!

I was interested in connecting up a Power recovery Circuit to a Generator Head and have been doing some reserch on it... The few components that will be key are:

1. Full Wave Bridge Rectifier (To convert the AC to DC)
2. Capacitors (To create the load while keeping the resistence low)
3. Some type of Timing Switch (I'm assuming to keep the caps dishcarging rapidly enough to store and discharge in a manner that is equal or better in quality to a typical Power Supply)

If someone could give me some recommendations on this circuit and how it will need to be setup, that would be greatly appreciated! Or some more reading that will guide me there...

Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mastiffman said:
Hello there Everyone!

I was interested in connecting up a Power recovery Circuit to a Generator Head and have been doing some reserch on it... The few components that will be key are:

1. Full Wave Bridge Rectifier (To convert the AC to DC)
2. Capacitors (To create the load while keeping the resistence low)
3. Some type of Timing Switch (I'm assuming to keep the caps dishcarging rapidly enough to store and discharge in a manner that is equal or better in quality to a typical Power Supply)

If someone could give me some recommendations on this circuit and how it will need to be setup, that would be greatly appreciated! Or some more reading that will guide me there...

Thanks in advance!

What's a "Generator Head", and why do you want to recover power from it?

berkeman said:
What's a "Generator Head", and why do you want to recover power from it?

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, I dind't want to confuse a Generator (Gasoline power engine driven) with just the generator motor itself.

I want to use the generator as a generator... But, with little bemf to maintain as close to full rpm's as possible with as little mechanical power as possible. This can be acheived through the use of a Power Recovery Circuit. The Capacitors act a load retreiving and storing the electricity and disharging it to the actual Load put on the generator.

Related to Looking for help Setting up a Power Recovery Circuit

1. What is a Power Recovery Circuit?

A Power Recovery Circuit is a type of circuit that allows for the efficient recovery and reuse of energy that would otherwise be wasted in a system. This can help improve the overall energy efficiency of a system.

2. How does a Power Recovery Circuit work?

A Power Recovery Circuit works by capturing and storing energy that would normally be lost, such as through braking or deceleration in a mechanical system. This energy can then be converted and used to power other parts of the system, reducing energy consumption and costs.

3. What are the benefits of using a Power Recovery Circuit?

Using a Power Recovery Circuit can lead to significant cost savings by reducing energy consumption. It can also help make systems more environmentally friendly by reducing overall energy waste and carbon emissions.

4. What types of systems can benefit from a Power Recovery Circuit?

Any system that involves energy conversion or braking can potentially benefit from a Power Recovery Circuit. This includes mechanical systems, electric vehicles, and renewable energy systems.

5. How can I set up a Power Recovery Circuit?

The setup process for a Power Recovery Circuit will depend on the specific system and components being used. It is important to consult with a knowledgeable engineer or technician to determine the best approach for your system and to ensure proper installation and operation.