Learning electical engineering combined with physics

In summary, the individual is considering pursuing a degree in science at Technion University and is trying to choose between electrical engineering and materials engineering. They are also interested in studying physics but are concerned about the difficulty of the program and the potential job opportunities with a combined degree in electrical engineering and physics. They are seeking advice on whether pursuing a physics degree in addition to electrical engineering will benefit their future career prospects.
maryy
i am considering learning in the university(technion) for something related to science, i am trying to decide between electrical engineering and materials engineering. also in the field of electrical engineering i saw that there is several routes on the subject in the university i want to learn, one of them is electrical engineering and physics(a degree in both subjects).
i am interested in learning physics but since the studying in that university is already hard(from what i heard) i want to know more about electrical engineering combined with physics, especialy what kind of jobs can the additional physics degree open for me and if it can leads to a job in research.
i don't want to make it harder for me if it won't pay off in terms of jobs.

Physics news on Phys.org
EE is close enough to physics anyway that you can shift in the future (it offers sufficient mathematical background). I would advise you to just go for the EE degree if you are on the fence between an industry job and a research career.

Related to Learning electical engineering combined with physics

1. What is the difference between electrical engineering and physics?

Electrical engineering focuses on the application of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics in the design and development of various electrical systems and devices. Physics, on the other hand, is a broad scientific discipline that studies the fundamental principles of nature, including electricity and electromagnetism. While both fields deal with electricity, electrical engineering is more focused on practical applications while physics focuses on theoretical concepts and research.

2. Can I study electrical engineering combined with physics in college?

Yes, many colleges and universities offer programs that combine electrical engineering and physics. These programs provide a strong foundation in both fields and allow students to explore the intersection between the two disciplines. It is a great option for those interested in pursuing a career in research or development in the fields of electricity and electromagnetism.

3. What skills are needed to excel in learning electrical engineering combined with physics?

To excel in learning electrical engineering combined with physics, one must have a strong foundation in mathematics, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking abilities. It is also essential to have a curiosity for understanding how things work and a passion for learning about electricity and electromagnetism.

4. What career opportunities are available for those with a background in electrical engineering and physics?

There are various career opportunities available for individuals with a background in electrical engineering and physics. Some common career paths include working as an electrical engineer, research scientist, or academic professor. Other options include careers in renewable energy, telecommunications, and aerospace industries.

5. How can I further my knowledge in electrical engineering and physics?

There are many ways to further your knowledge in electrical engineering and physics, including pursuing advanced degrees, participating in research projects, and attending conferences and workshops. It is also helpful to stay updated on the latest developments and technologies in the field through reading scientific journals and publications.