Is there any point in buying cloud services locally or internationally or what?

In summary, the conversation discusses the pros and cons of buying cloud services locally or internationally. The speaker is researching for an assignment and mentions the different types of cloud services and the possibility of choosing between big companies and smaller ones. They also consider potential benefits of having files stored in the same country and wonder if it would affect the speed or matter for a large business. They ask for recommendations on the best place to go for cloud services.
brandy
pros and cons if any?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Since you're asking the question, there's probably no point for you. What do you even mean by "buying cloud services locally or internationally" ?

i'm researching for an assignment, give me a break haha.
i mean like, when you are paying to use a companies cloud services (I, P or S) You can go to big ones like yahoo and google and stuff but there are local companies selling cloud infrastructure within the same country... and smaller ones internationally too.
I was just wondering if there is any benefit eg having you files stored in the same country, or some software services provided by the same country. I can't think of any reason either way (locally or internationally), cept maybe to keep the economy going? idk. this is why i ask.

would it change the speed at all if it was stored in america? and you lived in china?
would it matter if the person using the cloud was a huge business? where is the best place to go for cloud services?

Related to Is there any point in buying cloud services locally or internationally or what?

1. Should I buy cloud services locally or internationally?

The decision to buy cloud services locally or internationally depends on your specific needs and priorities. Local cloud services may offer better network performance and data sovereignty, while international services may offer lower costs and a wider range of features. Consider your budget, data security requirements, and accessibility needs before making a decision.

2. What are the benefits of buying cloud services locally?

Buying cloud services locally can provide faster network performance, improved data privacy and sovereignty, and better support for local regulations and compliance laws. It can also strengthen the local economy and create job opportunities in the tech industry.

3. What are the advantages of purchasing cloud services internationally?

International cloud services can offer lower costs, a wider range of features and services, and access to a larger pool of skilled professionals. It can also provide global reach and scalability for businesses with international operations.

4. Is there a difference in data security between local and international cloud services?

The level of data security may vary between local and international cloud services. Local services may offer more control over data storage and access, while international services may have stricter security protocols in place. It is important to research the security measures of any cloud service provider before making a decision.

5. How do I choose between local and international cloud services?

The best way to choose between local and international cloud services is to assess your specific needs and priorities. Consider factors such as cost, performance, data privacy, and compliance requirements. It may also be beneficial to consult with experts or conduct a cost-benefit analysis to determine the best option for your organization.