Is Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 Worth Installing on Your Notebook?

In summary, Saint downloaded three iso files from a website and burned them onto separate CDRs. They then installed the OS on their notebook and found it to have a great desktop appearance. When asked if they use Linux, Saint mentioned that it is free and comes with many free software such as OpenOffice 1.1. Guybrush Threepwood also added that they use Mandrake 8.2, but only because their home computer is old and they don't want to install a new operating system. However, they plan to switch to the latest Mandrake when they get a notebook.
Saint
I downloaded it from website the three iso files and rip them onto 3 separate CDRs. And installed the OS in my notebook, it is great, very nice desktop appearance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Saint
it is great

yep, couldn't have said it better myself ... :wink:

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
yep, couldn't have said it better myself ... :wink:

Do you use linux too ?
It is free, come with openoffice1.1 etc...many many free software.

Originally posted by Saint
Do you use linux too ?

yep mandrake 8.2, but only because my home computer is pretty old and I don't want the trouble of installing a new operating system.
but as soon as I get my hands on a notebook I'll put the last Madrake I can find...

Related to Is Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 Worth Installing on Your Notebook?

1. What is Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2?

Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 is a beta version of the Linux operating system developed by MandrakeSoft. It is the second beta release of the 10.0 version, which includes updated features and bug fixes.

2. How is Linux Mandrake different from other Linux distributions?

Linux Mandrake is known for its user-friendly interface and easy installation process, making it a popular choice for beginners. It also includes a wide range of software packages and tools, making it a versatile operating system for both personal and professional use.

3. Is Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 stable enough for everyday use?

As a beta version, Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 may still have some bugs and issues that need to be addressed. It is not recommended for use in production environments, but it can be used for testing and experimentation purposes.

4. Can I upgrade from a previous version to Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mandrake to 10.0 Beta 2. However, it is recommended to backup important data before upgrading, as the process may cause some data loss.

5. Are there any system requirements for installing Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2?

Yes, the minimum system requirements for Linux Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2 include a 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 10 GB of available hard drive space. However, for optimal performance, it is recommended to have a faster processor and more RAM.