Introducing myself:I'm here to understand Hydraulics better

• Thread starter HydraulicsLearner
  • Start date
In summary, I am someone who is eager to gain a deeper understanding of Hydraulics. I am motivated to learn and improve my knowledge and skills in this field. I am excited to embark on this journey and look forward to expanding my knowledge and expertise.
HydraulicsLearner
Hi!

I'm learning more about hydraulics by myself and thought that this forum may be a good avenue to discuss with other physics enthusiast!

I do not have much of a background on fluid power and so I'm finding a little bit of a learning curve. I've been reading many sources of information regarding hydraulics and sometimes get a little bit confused. I'm trying to ascertain whether certain assumptions are correct i.e. hydraulic accumulator maintains system pressure meaning it would store liquid at a specific pressure and discharge at a constant pressure (vs. accumulator stores pressure and pressure increases as it is being charged.

As a first step, my goal is to drive a hydraulic motor at constant pressure & constant RPM so that I can achieve constant output torque. I will be posting questions in the appropriate threads soon!

HydraulicLearner

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF HydraulicLearner!