I'm trying to typeset a certain symbol in LaTeX

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a crescent symbol in the comprehensive list of symbols, the possibility of creating one using TikZ, and the need for a horizontal border with "THE END" centered on a blank page. It also mentions a \moon{<day>} command in the TikZ library that draws a lunar phase, but with an outer border that the individual does not want. The possibility of modifying the code to create a black-filled crescent symbol is also mentioned.
Eclair_de_XII
TL;DR Summary
I'm trying to typeset a black-filled crescent moon symbol in LaTeX. I want it to be exactly like \faMoonO, but filled in. I can't seem to find it in the list.
https://tug.ctan.org/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf

The symbol I've described isn't in this list. I've searched "crescent" and "moon", but to no avail. Will I have to go through the trouble of creating one myself using TikZ, or something?

Also, I need a horizontal border to insert above and/or below the words "THE END", which are centered vertically and horizontally in an otherwise blank page. If anyone knows of a package that already typesets an ending card, and allows also for extra decoration, I'd very much be glad to hear it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, if you use the TikZ library there is a command \moon{<day>} that takes the day of the lunar month as an argument and draws the corresponding lunar phase ...
Ssnow

• Informative
Likes FactChecker
There's no mention of such a macro in the official manual. If this is in reference to that StackExchange article, then that article explicitly mentions that that moon macro is a custom one. Moreover, it has that outer border that I don't want. I'll do some research on how to modify the code to create a black-filled crescent symbol.