I want to study Hydraulics I need good books

In summary, the conversation is about someone wanting to improve their skills in civil engineering hydraulics and looking for good textbooks and problems books. The person providing the response recommends some modern and metric books by civil engineers such as Vardy, Novak, Chadwick and Morfett, and Dake. They also suggest some older books that are not necessarily metric, such as Hunter Rouse, Lewitt, and King, Wisler and Woodburn. Additionally, they mention a problem book by Douglas that is not metric but is considered excellent and clear.
Riazy
it's civil engineering hydraulics, and I want to be good at it,
I am in need of some good textbooks
and problems book

anyone out there who knows?

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume you are studying the rest of civil engineering as well so I have included some books that link into these areas.

For understanding

Fluid Principles : Vardy. Excellent modern metric book by a civil engineer.

Hydraulics in Civil Engineering

Hydraulic Structures : Novak : Latest editions are modern and metric

Hydraulics in Civil and Environmental Engineering : Chadwick and Morfett: Latest editions are modern and metric

Essentials of Engineering Hydraulics : Dake : Modern and metric includes coastal engineering.

Some older good books not necessarily metric

Fluid Mechanics for Hydraulic Engineers : Hunter Rouse

Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics : Lewitt

Hydraulics : King, Wisler and Woodburn

Problem Books

Solutions to problems in Fluid Mechanics : Douglas. Not metric but excellent and clear. In two parts part I elelementary part II advanced.

Related to I want to study Hydraulics I need good books

What is Hydraulics?

Hydraulics is a branch of science and engineering that deals with the mechanical properties of liquids, especially water, and their use in engineering systems. It involves the study of the behavior of fluids under pressure, and how they can be used to create force and motion.

What are some good books for studying Hydraulics?

Some good books for studying Hydraulics include "Hydraulics in Civil and Environmental Engineering" by Andrew Chadwick and John Morfett, "Basic Hydraulics" by P.T. Smith, and "Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines" by R. S. Khurmi and N. Khurmi.

What topics are covered in a typical Hydraulics course?

A typical Hydraulics course will cover topics such as the properties of fluids, fluid statics, fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's equation, pumps, valves, pipes, open channel flow, and hydraulic machines.

What skills are needed to study Hydraulics?

To study Hydraulics, you should have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with computer software and basic engineering principles is also helpful.

What career opportunities are available for those who study Hydraulics?

Studying Hydraulics can lead to various career opportunities in fields such as civil engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, and water resource management. Graduates can work as hydraulic engineers, water resource engineers, hydraulic analysts, or environmental consultants.