Hyperbolic space game: math help

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of creating a video game based on hyperbolic space and the need to learn math for it. The individual plans to render the game in a Poincaré disk and is seeking help with converting hyperbolic coordinates to the disk. They are also recommended to take an online course in hyperbolic geometry.
googolplexking
I don't fully understand hyperbolic space. I saw a numberphile video about it. I thought It would a cool idea to make a video game based around hyperbolic space. I was going make it in html5/css/javascript. I know I need to learn a lot of math.

I was going to render the hyperbolic objects in a Poincaré disk. how do I convert the hyperbolic coordinates to the Poincaré disk for the graphics? I want know how to do this before anything else. I need the algorithm to do this and maybe the explanation as to why it works.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
For some reason this is really hard to explain to the internet. I'm going to render the game in a Poincaré disk. How do I convert the hyperbolic coordinates so I can render it them on the Poincaré disk? what's the equation/algorithm to do that?

See link.

But it sounds like you don't have a clear idea of what the game is supposed to be or you are unwilling to tell anyone.
I don't think we can help you beyond the link and to suggest you do one of the online courses in hyperbolic geometry.

Related to Hyperbolic space game: math help

1. What is Hyperbolic space game?

Hyperbolic space game is a math-based video game that takes place in a hyperbolic space, which is a non-Euclidean geometry where parallel lines can intersect. It involves solving math problems and completing challenges to progress through the game.

2. How does playing Hyperbolic space game help with math?

Playing Hyperbolic space game helps with math by providing a fun and interactive way to practice and apply mathematical concepts. It also helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

3. Is Hyperbolic space game suitable for all ages?

Hyperbolic space game can be enjoyed by people of all ages, but it is most suitable for those who have a basic understanding of math concepts such as geometry, algebra, and trigonometry.

4. Can Hyperbolic space game be played on any device?

Yes, Hyperbolic space game is typically available on multiple platforms such as computers, tablets, and smartphones. However, it is recommended to check the specific device requirements before downloading or purchasing the game.

5. Are there any educational benefits to playing Hyperbolic space game?

Yes, playing Hyperbolic space game has numerous educational benefits, including improving mathematical skills, fostering creativity, and promoting spatial reasoning. It can also help students develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for non-Euclidean geometry.