HP 50G complex numbers with a fraction?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with inputting a complex number in mode (1000/3, ∠36.87) and suggests using parentheses to solve the syntax error. The other person acknowledges this solution and mentions an alternate solution of (1000, ∠36.87)/3.
Leandro de Oliveira
I have a problem to put the complex number in mode (1000/3, ∠36.87), apparently the division simbol gives some syntax error

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't have a 50G but you might try putting parens around the 1000/3, entering it as ((1000/3), ∠36.87).

Tom.G said:
I don't have a 50G but you might try putting parens around the 1000/3, entering it as ((1000/3), ∠36.87).
thx for reply, but I've already tried this the only solution I've found was (1000, ∠36.87)/3

Leandro de Oliveira said:
thx for reply, but I've already tried this the only solution I've found was (1000, ∠36.87)/3

Hmm, I'll have to keep that one in mind. Sorta obvious once you point it out though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update.

Related to HP 50G complex numbers with a fraction?

1. How do I enter complex numbers with a fraction on the HP 50G calculator?

To enter a complex number with a fraction on the HP 50G calculator, you can use the following format: a/b+c/d*i, where a/b represents the real part and c/d represents the imaginary part. Note that the fraction must be entered in decimal form.

2. How do I perform basic arithmetic operations with complex numbers containing fractions on the HP 50G calculator?

To perform basic arithmetic operations with complex numbers containing fractions on the HP 50G calculator, you can use the built-in complex number functions such as Re() for the real part and Im() for the imaginary part. You can also use the +, -, *, and / symbols to add, subtract, multiply, and divide complex numbers.

3. Can I convert a complex number with a fraction into polar form on the HP 50G calculator?

Yes, you can convert a complex number with a fraction into polar form on the HP 50G calculator by using the CPLX function. This function takes two arguments, the real and imaginary parts, and converts the number into polar form with the magnitude and angle.

4. How do I solve equations involving complex numbers with fractions on the HP 50G calculator?

The HP 50G calculator has a built-in solver that can handle equations involving complex numbers with fractions. You can access this solver by pressing the SOLVE key and then entering the equation in the format a/b+c/d*i=0. The calculator will then solve for the unknown variable and display the result.

5. Is there a way to convert a complex number with a fraction into decimal form on the HP 50G calculator?

Yes, you can use the NUM function on the HP 50G calculator to convert a complex number with a fraction into decimal form. Simply enter the number in the format a/b+c/d*i and then press the NUM key to convert it into decimal form.