How Will Dolores O'Riordan's Passing Impact Irish Music?

• News
  • Thread starter Dr Transport
  • Start date
In summary, the world of Irish music lost Dolores O'Riordan today. She was a talented artist and her death has brought sadness to many, including those who listened to her music in high school. The cause of her death is speculated to be suicide, as she had tried before and struggled with inner demons. This serves as a reminder to seek help before taking drastic actions. Some fans also mention their favorite songs of hers, such as "Dreams" and "Mirror Lover".
Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
The world lost Dolores O'Riordan today, the world of Irish music will never be the same. I listened to the Cranberries all thru graduate school and just recently started listening to them again. Brings a tear to my eye...

Physics news on Phys.org
I was into the Cranberries in high school. Way too young. I want to hear the cause.

Great band, terrible news.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I was into the Cranberries in high school. Way too young. I want to hear the cause.
One article implies suicide, she tried once before. She had some demons, worse than others, we all do, another reason to go talk to someone before you do something drastic to yourself.

Way too young to be dieing...

<goes and digs out Everybody else is doing it so why can't we>

I saw this earlier today. Really sad.
- - - - -
She has a phenomenal song with Jam & Spoon called "Mirror Lover"... I don't think it was ever released in the States, but you should be able to find it on places like Pandora or Youtube.

Related to How Will Dolores O'Riordan's Passing Impact Irish Music?

1. Who was the Cranberries singer that passed away?

The Cranberries singer that passed away was Dolores O'Riordan, the lead vocalist and lyricist of the band.

2. When did the Cranberries singer pass away?

Dolores O'Riordan passed away on January 15, 2018, at the age of 46.

3. What was the cause of death for the Cranberries singer?

The cause of death for Dolores O'Riordan has not been officially announced, but it is believed to be due to accidental drowning in a bathtub.

4. What was the Cranberries singer's impact on the music industry?

Dolores O'Riordan and the Cranberries were one of the most successful Irish bands of all time, selling over 40 million albums worldwide. Their unique blend of alternative rock and traditional Irish music influenced many other artists and helped define the sound of the 1990s.

5. What was the Cranberries singer's legacy?

Dolores O'Riordan's legacy includes her powerful and distinctive voice, her songwriting talent, and her impact on the alternative rock genre. She will always be remembered as the frontwoman of the Cranberries and for her contributions to music.