How to make the small ball slide into the groove in Simscape multibody

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a rotating groove cylinder mechanism and an error message that appears when running the program. The issue seems to be related to the synchronization of movement between a disk and a lever in both rotational and linear motions. The group also discusses the role of the center of the disk in complicating the solution and the use of software to manipulate the mechanism. A video is also shared to demonstrate the close inter-dependence of the members in the mechanism.
Amaelle
TL;DR Summary
I have an issue in making the small ball slide into the groove
Good day All!
I have a problem , I could do almost all the mechanism, my problem is how to make slide the little ball into the groove. whenever i run the program i got the follwing error message
['rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial']: The following errors were found in the model rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial.
Caused by:
['rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial/Solver Configuration']: *** Model not assembled: position violation *** Resolve this issue in order to simulate the model.

the wheel rotates around a fixed hinge.
I have joined the program file,
Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• sliding.png
    sliding.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
It seems that the system is asking you to synchronize the movement of the disk and the lever, both rotational and linearly.
That Vo of the center of the disk greatly complicates things in this case, unless its value is small compared to the rotational velocities.

Thank you, consider is 0 as the disk is rotating around the center O. how can we solve it?
thank you

I don't know how to manipulate any software, sorry for not being able to help more.
I just added a video to my previous post, which shows the close inter-dependence of both members, being this a quick return mechanism.

• Love
Likes Amaelle
thank you for your help!

Likes berkeman and Lnewqban

Related to How to make the small ball slide into the groove in Simscape multibody

1. How do I create a groove in Simscape Multibody?

To create a groove in Simscape Multibody, you will need to use the "Multibody Parts Library" in the Simscape Multibody editor. From there, you can select the "Shape" option and choose the type of groove you want to create, such as a rectangular groove or a circular groove. You can then adjust the dimensions of the groove to fit your needs.

2. How do I add a small ball to the groove in Simscape Multibody?

To add a small ball to the groove in Simscape Multibody, you will need to use the "Multibody Parts Library" and select the "Ball" option. You can then place the ball at the desired location within the groove. You can also adjust the size and properties of the ball to fit your simulation.

3. How do I make the small ball slide into the groove in Simscape Multibody?

To make the small ball slide into the groove in Simscape Multibody, you will need to use the "Multibody Parts Library" and select the "Joint" option. From there, you can choose the type of joint you want to use to connect the ball to the groove, such as a revolute joint or a prismatic joint. You can then adjust the joint properties to allow for sliding motion.

4. Can I control the speed of the small ball sliding into the groove?

Yes, you can control the speed of the small ball sliding into the groove by adjusting the joint properties in Simscape Multibody. You can set the desired velocity or acceleration of the joint to control the speed of the ball's motion. You can also use external forces or sensors to control the motion of the ball.

5. How can I simulate the interaction between the small ball and the groove in Simscape Multibody?

To simulate the interaction between the small ball and the groove in Simscape Multibody, you will need to define contact properties between the two bodies. This can be done by using the "Contact" option in the Multibody Parts Library and specifying the type of contact behavior, such as friction or restitution. You can also adjust the contact parameters to fine-tune the interaction between the ball and the groove.