How to Fix Microsoft Word's Small Document Display Issue?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the issue of a Word file appearing in a small subset of the usual space after receiving it from a phone, possibly an Android. The participants discuss potential solutions such as using the zoom slider, drop down menus, and shortcut keys to control the zoom. They also mention a tic mark on the slider for 100%.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi all,
This sounds like a joke, unfortunately it is not:
Word was working OK until I received a Word file from a phone , Android , I think. Then
somehow it ended up like this :

upload_2017-12-2_15-34-21.png

i.e., ocupying just a small subset of the total usual space.
Any ideas on how to get it back to full-page format?
Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-2_15-34-21.png
    upload_2017-12-2_15-34-21.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 916
Computer science news on Phys.org
At the lower right, just above the 3:34 PM time, there is a slider that controls zoom. There is a tic mark on the slider for 100%.

There are also drop down menus and shortcut keys to control zoom. If I remember right CTRL-minus sign and CTRL=-plus sign.

Likes Asymptotic, jedishrfu and WWGD
anorlunda said:
At the lower right, just above the 3:34 PM time, there is a slider that controls zoom. There is a tic mark on the slider for 100%.

There are also drop down menus and shortcut keys to control zoom. If I remember right CTRL-minus sign and CTRL=-plus sign.

Thanks so much, Anorlunda.

Related to How to Fix Microsoft Word's Small Document Display Issue?

1. What does "Microsoft Word just got Small" mean?

"Microsoft Word just got Small" refers to a new feature or update in Microsoft Word that allows users to decrease the size of the application, making it more compact and efficient to use. This could include changes to the user interface, font sizes, or overall file size.

2. How does "Microsoft Word just got Small" benefit users?

The smaller size of Microsoft Word means that it takes up less storage space on a computer or device, allowing for more storage capacity and potentially faster performance. It also allows for a more streamlined and clutter-free user experience.

3. Can I revert back to the previous version of Microsoft Word?

Yes, you can usually revert back to the previous version of Microsoft Word by uninstalling the current version and reinstalling the previous one. However, it is recommended to check for compatibility and potential data loss before doing so.

4. Will my documents be affected by the change in size?

The change in size should not affect the content or formatting of your documents. However, it is always recommended to save a backup of important documents before any updates or changes are made.

5. Is "Microsoft Word just got Small" available on all devices?

The availability of "Microsoft Word just got Small" may vary depending on the device and operating system. It is best to check with Microsoft's website or support team for specific information on compatibility and availability.