How Do You Create Eigenfaces for Face Recognition Projects?

• Thread starter ee11p1002
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person planning to do a project on face recognition using eigenfaces. They plan to collect a database of faces and create eigenfaces, but need help on how to do so and how to recognize the input image from the database. They are looking for ideas and links to assist them in their project.
ee11p1002
Hi friends I am planning to do project on face recognition, Here is my idea.

1) First collect database of faces of say 10 persons, each person with 5 different poses in controlled manner.

2) Then i need to create eigen faces of these

3)Give an input image and project this on to eigen faces.

Can anyone help me how to create eigen faces and how to recognize the input image as a persons face in database. I am unable to proceed with the above partial idea.pleasez give me any ideas ,links etc.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

Related to How Do You Create Eigenfaces for Face Recognition Projects?

What is face recognition?

Face recognition is a biometric technology that identifies and verifies individuals by analyzing and comparing their facial features. It uses a combination of hardware and software to capture, process and store facial images.

How does face recognition work?

Face recognition uses algorithms to map and analyze facial features such as the distance between the eyes, nose, and mouth, as well as the shape of the face. These features are then compared to a database of known faces to determine a match.

What are the applications of face recognition?

Face recognition has a wide range of applications, including security and surveillance, access control, identity verification, and personalization. It is also used in social media for tagging and sorting photos, and in healthcare for patient identification.

What are the limitations of face recognition?

Some limitations of face recognition include variations in lighting, facial expressions, and hairstyles, which can affect the accuracy of the technology. It is also not foolproof and can be vulnerable to spoofing or manipulation.

What are some ethical concerns surrounding face recognition?

One major ethical concern is the potential for misuse of face recognition technology, such as invasion of privacy and discrimination. There are also concerns about the accuracy and bias of the technology, especially when used for law enforcement and surveillance purposes.