How Do You Calculate Percentage Error in Period Measurements?

• Thread starter cowking
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about calculating the period and percentage error of a recording timer that makes 465 dots in 8.5 seconds. The value for the actual period is given as 0.020 seconds. The person asking for help is a beginner and is struggling with the calculations. They believe the percentage error is 91%, but they are not sure. The expert confirms that 91% is the correct percentage error, but suggests showing the working for better understanding. The expert also apologizes for calling the person asking for help an "ass" and explains that they had just woken up. The final summary is that the conversation ends with the expert clarifying that 91% is not the percentage error and explaining how to correctly
cowking
Help please you all can do this

i am a noob at this here it is

1. Arecording timer makes 465 dots in 8.5s

(A) calculate its period . i have this but i don't know (B)
(B) Its actual period is 0.020s. calculate the percentage error

we are using the T=sec
----
cycles
i am a noob at this

Physics news on Phys.org
cowking said:
i am a noob at this here it is
First rule, then: show some working...

sorry i am not a pro like you but i suck at this but thjx for the help ass and i think it is 91 % but i am not 100%

You could at least show what you have for A

btw: 91% is right - what's your working?

thx man so 91 % is right kewl sorry for calling you a ass it sounded like you where being one

Last edited:
cowking said:
thx man so 91 % is right kewl sorry for calling you a ass it sounded like you where being one
:biggrin:

That's OK - I've just woke up :biggrin:

Actually, 91% isn't the percentage error.

You're on the right lines tho' - if you got the 91%, you've got A, I presume...

Now take the difference between your vale of A and the actual value given, then work out the percentage error

Related to How Do You Calculate Percentage Error in Period Measurements?

1. What does "Help you all can do this" mean?

This phrase is an expression of encouragement and support. It means that you have the ability and resources to achieve a certain goal or task, and that others are willing to assist you in any way they can.

2. How can I get help to accomplish a task?

There are many ways you can seek help to accomplish a task. You can ask a friend or colleague for assistance, do research online, or consult with an expert in the field. It's important to clearly communicate what type of help you need and be open to different suggestions and ideas.

3. How can I effectively communicate my needs for help?

When asking for help, it's important to be clear and specific about what you need. This includes explaining the task or problem you are facing, the resources you have available, and any specific areas where you need assistance. It's also important to be open to feedback and suggestions from others.

4. Is it okay to ask for help in the scientific community?

Absolutely. Collaboration and seeking help from others is an important aspect of scientific research and discovery. It allows for the sharing of knowledge and resources, and can lead to more innovative and impactful results.

5. How can I offer help to others in the scientific community?

There are many ways to offer help to others in the scientific community. This can include sharing your expertise and knowledge, providing resources or equipment, or offering to collaborate on a project. It's important to be supportive and open to helping others in order to foster a strong and collaborative scientific community.