How can I study physics without getting a second undergrad degree?

In summary, the person has a bachelors degree in Geography and is planning on pursuing a masters degree in the same subject. However, they have recently become interested in studying physics and are seeking advice on how to accomplish this. They do not want to take out loans or pursue a second undergraduate degree. They are looking for the most inexpensive way to continue learning as a lifetime learner. One suggested option is to study physics independently and use online resources, such as the one provided, to guide their studies.
EnzGemini
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a bachelors in Geography and I am going for my masters in Geography in the fall. I LOVE this subject so I am planning on finishing it. However, lately I have become more interested in hard science and I want to study physics.

How can I accomplish this? I know that I can take it upon myself to study it, however I'd like to get credit for it in some way. I don't particularly take out loans and do a second undergrad. What are my options? Can anyone offer me some sort of advice?

This may sound stupid, but I plan on being a lifetime learner, and I would like to find the most inexpensive way to do this.

Physics news on Phys.org
EnzGemini said:
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a bachelors in Geography and I am going for my masters in Geography in the fall. I LOVE this subject so I am planning on finishing it. However, lately I have become more interested in hard science and I want to study physics.

How can I accomplish this? I know that I can take it upon myself to study it, however I'd like to get credit for it in some way. I don't particularly take out loans and do a second undergrad. What are my options? Can anyone offer me some sort of advice?

This may sound stupid, but I plan on being a lifetime learner, and I would like to find the most inexpensive way to do this.

If you do not want to study it towards another degree, then why would you care if you get 'credit' for your study or not?

Zz.

Related to How can I study physics without getting a second undergrad degree?

1. What is the difference between studying physics and other sciences?

The main difference between studying physics and other sciences is that physics deals with the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy in the universe. It is a fundamental science that forms the basis for all other branches of science. Other sciences, such as chemistry and biology, focus on specific aspects of the natural world, but still use principles and laws from physics to explain their observations.

2. Is studying physics a difficult subject?

Studying physics can be challenging, as it involves complex mathematical concepts and abstract thinking. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand the fundamental principles of physics. It is important to have a strong foundation in math and critical thinking skills to excel in physics.

3. What career opportunities are available for those who study physics?

There are many career opportunities available for those who study physics. Some common career paths include research and development, engineering, teaching, and data analysis. Physics graduates can also work in various industries such as aerospace, healthcare, energy, and technology.

4. How can studying physics benefit me in other areas of my life?

Studying physics can benefit you in many ways, even if you do not pursue a career in the field. It teaches critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that are valuable in any career. Studying physics also helps you understand the world around you and how things work, making you a more informed and curious individual.

5. Do I need to have a specific skill set to study physics?

While having a strong foundation in math and science can be helpful, there is no specific skill set required to study physics. It is more important to have a curiosity about the natural world and a willingness to learn and understand complex concepts. With hard work and dedication, anyone can succeed in studying physics.