How can I incorporate physics jeopardy prompts into my teaching for forces?

• Thread starter mishima
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about a person coming across an article in the '99 American Journal of Physics and being interested in the teaching method presented. They mention noticing this method being used in their school's book and wanting to find a collection of prompts specifically for forces. They mention not having the time to write their own prompts and hoping to find an experienced collection. They are recommended to check out a website like teacherspayteachers.com, which they find helpful but not exactly what they were looking for. The article they mention focuses on prompting students with mathematical formulations and having them pose related questions.
mishima
I came across an '99 American Journal of Physics article here and like the idea presented. I've noticed the book my school bought employs this method in its problems sets at times. I am looking for a collection of prompts to use with this teaching method, specifically for forces.

And yes, of course I could write my own, but that takes time. I was hoping someone might have an experienced collection. I just think these would be great for review. Thanks.

Science news on Phys.org
Check out a website like teacherspayteachers.com. They might have some for sale there.

Cool site, thanks. They had a "physics jeopardy" but not the same kind of thing from the journal article. The article is about prompting students with certain mathematical formulations such as

F(normal) - (60kg)(9.8m/s^2) = 0

Then having students pose a related question.

Related to How can I incorporate physics jeopardy prompts into my teaching for forces?

What is the purpose of "Physics Jeopardy Prompts?"

The purpose of Physics Jeopardy Prompts is to provide a fun and interactive way for students to review and reinforce their understanding of physics concepts. It also encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

How are the prompts created for "Physics Jeopardy Prompts?"

The prompts are created by experienced physics educators and scientists who carefully select and design questions that cover a wide range of topics and difficulty levels.

Can "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" be used for all levels of physics?

Yes, "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" can be used for all levels of physics, from introductory to advanced. The prompts are designed to be adaptable and can be customized based on the level of the students.

Are "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" only for classroom use?

No, "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" can be used in various settings, including classrooms, study groups, and even for individual review. It can also be used as a fun game for friends and family to test their physics knowledge.

Do "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" cover all areas of physics?

Yes, "Physics Jeopardy Prompts" cover a wide range of physics topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and more. New prompts are regularly added to cover emerging topics and keep the game updated.