How Can I Automatically Simplify Fractions on My Hp 50g Calculator?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter graycolor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simplify
In summary, the conversation discusses how to set a calculator to automatically simplify fractions in RPN mode, which is typically done automatically in algebraic mode. The solution is to press MODE, then CAS and uncheck "Approx." This tip may be helpful for those using HP calculators.
graycolor
I remember setting my calculator so it would automatically use the expand function or simplify fractions for me in RPN mode.Since I did a reset I don't know how to put that function on again.

For example if I was to put 1 enter 3 divided, I would get 1/3 then if I were to multiply by 2 the calculator would give this 1/3*2

I want the calculator to automatically simplify the fraction to 2/3. This is done automatically in algebraic mode how can I do this with rpn.

Hp calculators are very confusing.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Solving it is very easy. Press MODE, then press CAS and uncheck "Approx". I know it's been 8 years, but maybe someone could be interested.

i do. thanks

Related to How Can I Automatically Simplify Fractions on My Hp 50g Calculator?

What is the process for expanding and simplifying expressions on the Hp 50g calculator?

The Hp 50g calculator has a built-in feature that allows you to expand and simplify expressions. To access this feature, you can press the "expand" key (marked with an "x") followed by the "simplify" key (marked with an "S"). This will open up a menu where you can enter your expression and then select the "simplify" option to see the expanded and simplified form.

Can the Hp 50g calculator handle complex expressions when expanding and simplifying?

Yes, the Hp 50g calculator has the ability to handle complex expressions, including those with variables, exponents, and logarithms, when expanding and simplifying. However, it is important to note that the calculator may not always provide the most simplified form for complex expressions, so it is recommended to double check the answer using other methods.

Is there a way to expand and simplify multiple expressions at once on the Hp 50g calculator?

Yes, the Hp 50g calculator has a built-in function called "expandAll" that allows you to expand and simplify multiple expressions at once. To use this function, you can enter your expressions separated by a comma, and then press the "expand" key followed by the "simplify" key and select the "expandAll" option from the menu.

Can I customize the settings for expanding and simplifying on the Hp 50g calculator?

Yes, the Hp 50g calculator allows you to customize the settings for expanding and simplifying expressions. You can adjust the number of decimal places, the display format for fractions, and the use of scientific notation. To access these settings, you can press the "mode" key (marked with an "M") and select "expand/simplify" from the menu.

Is there a way to undo or redo an expansion or simplification on the Hp 50g calculator?

Yes, the Hp 50g calculator has an undo and redo function for expanding and simplifying expressions. To undo, you can press the "undo" key (marked with a "U") and to redo, you can press the "redo" key (marked with an "R"). These functions can be useful if you make a mistake in your expression or if you want to compare different expansions or simplifications.