Hewlett Packard 40g programming(ARPL)

• Thread starter moriheru
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the purchase of a Hp40g calculator and the desire to program it using a language called ARPL, which is similar to FORTH. The person asking the question is looking for recommendations on sources to study ARPL, but the expert cannot find any detailed information on it. They suggest using RPL instead and provide resources for learning it. They also mention that the Hp40g calculator is not externally programmable in RPL, but rather uses applets and BASIC. They suggest checking out a website dedicated to the Hp 38G, 39G, and 40G calculators for more information on programming.
moriheru
greetings,
I have purchased a Hp40g calculator and I am familiar with CAS and son on and all the basic functions, yet I don't know how to programm my calculator. I read that the programming lanuage ARPL is similar to FORTH( if it helps). So what I am asking is: are there any recommendable sources on studying ARPL?

thanks in advance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HP_graphing_calculators

Technology news on Phys.org
moriheru said:
greetings,
I have purchased a Hp40g calculator and I am familiar with CAS and son on and all the basic functions, yet I don't know how to programm my calculator. I read that the programming lanuage ARPL is similar to FORTH( if it helps). So what I am asking is: are there any recommendable sources on studying ARPL?

thanks in advance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HP_graphing_calculators
I couldn't even find any links to ARPL, so it doesn't seem to be described in any detail that I could find. What about programming your calculator in RPL? I found lots of resources, including tutorials on RPL.

Likes moriheru
I know of RPL, yet I can't programm it. Yes it does work with the calculators of, I think, 20-50 or 30-50(that is of the HP graphic calculator series). Maybe I shall try and do it in RPL. Do you have any book recommendations?

No, the Hp 40G is not externally an RPL programmable calculator. It uses applets and BASIC. It is based upon the Hp 38G and is exactly the same as an Hp 39G but with CAS, so that you can download the manual Mastering your Hp 39G to learn more about using it. There is an Australian website devoted to the Hp 38G, Hp 39G and Hp 40G calculator where you can learn all of the details of using and programming this calculator.

Related to Hewlett Packard 40g programming(ARPL)

1. What is Hewlett Packard 40g programming (ARPL)?

Hewlett Packard 40g programming (ARPL) is a programming language used for creating and running programs on the Hewlett Packard 40g calculator. It is a high-level language that allows users to write complex programs for various mathematical and scientific calculations.

2. Is ARPL difficult to learn?

ARPL is not considered a difficult language to learn. It is similar to other programming languages and has a user-friendly syntax. With practice and resources, anyone can learn to program in ARPL.

3. What can I do with ARPL?

ARPL is designed specifically for the Hewlett Packard 40g calculator, so it is mainly used for creating programs for mathematical and scientific calculations. However, it can also be used for data manipulation, creating games, and other functions.

4. Do I need any special equipment to use ARPL?

To use ARPL, you will need a Hewlett Packard 40g calculator and a programming cable to connect it to a computer. You will also need a text editor or integrated development environment (IDE) to write and run your programs.

5. Where can I find resources to learn ARPL?

There are many online resources available for learning ARPL, including tutorials, forums, and user manuals. You can also find books and other instructional materials for ARPL programming. Additionally, the Hewlett Packard website offers support and resources for ARPL programming on their calculators.