Help with making my own microscope

Yamaxt660
Hi everybody I'm new to the forum, I was looking for somewhere I can find out the make of a microscope hoping this could be the right place. I want to find out so I can hunt down objective lenses.
20240127_155645.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Have you built any optical devices up to now? Are you familiar with the usual lens/optics equations?

Do you really want to try to make a binocular microscope as you show in the picture, or are you going for something a little easier first, like a monocular microscope?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microscope

No labeling on the microscope? Usually there is a manufacturer and model information.

If you just want a cheap microscope rather than building one yourself, you might want to keep your eye out for old surplus student microscopes from universities. Sometimes they sell equipment like this in auctions or on Craig's list or ebay.

BillTre said:
No labeling on the microscope? Usually there is a manufacturer and model information.

If you just want a cheap microscope rather than building one yourself, you might want to keep your eye out for old surplus student microscopes from universities. Sometimes they sell equipment like this in auctions or on Craig's list or ebay.
There is nothing other than what's in picture I use it when doing some fine pcb work but was looking to change lenses so it can be used as microscope for insects and other things. I think I will have to find something else.

You may be able to change the eye pieces for different magnification, that is an often used method in telescopes for instance.

Cheers,
Tom