Help and explain to me how to solve it ?(new question )

• Thread starter kingboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, the first problem involves a student saving money each month to buy an encyclopedia set, while the second problem involves a house buyer taking out a loan to purchase a house and needing to make monthly payments. The third problem asks for the coefficient of a specific term in an expansion, and the fourth problem asks for the expansion of a function in terms of ascending powers of x. Finally, the fifth problem involves finding the sum of a geometric series and determining the value of a variable.
kingboy

Homework Statement

1)a student saves his pocket money with the intention to buy an encyclopedia set costing RM1200.If he saves RM50 in the bank each month and the bank pays him an interest of ½ % per month , how many months has he got to saves before he can afford to buy the encyclopedia?

2)a house buyer borrow RM50000 from a bank to buy a house which costs RM70000. The rate of interest charged by the bank is 9% per annum ,and is calculated based on the amount outstanding at the beginning of each year. The house buyer is required to repay his loan in monthly installments for a period of 15 years. Assuming that the rate of interest is fixed for the entire duration of the loan ,find the amount per month he has to repay the bank .

3)find the coefficient of terms in as indicated in the following expansions.
(1+x^2)(2-3x)^7, term in x^3

4)expand the following function as a series in ascending powers of x up to and including the term in x^3. State the range of value of x for the expansion is valid
a)(1+x+x^2)^-1
b)(1-x-2X^2)^5

5)find the sum to the nth term of geometric series 108+60+33/ 1/3+…….if s is the smallest number which exceeds this for all values of n ,find the value of s .find also the smallest value of n such that the sum of the series exceeds 99% of the values of s.

{b]2. Homework Equations [/b]
s=a/(r-1) or...

The Attempt at a Solution

out of ideal

Physics news on Phys.org
According to the rules of this forum, you have to make an effort at solving the problems you post before we can give you any help.

Also, you will probably get more help (assuming you show an effort) if you put only one or two problems in a thread.

Related to Help and explain to me how to solve it ?(new question )

What is the first step in solving a problem?

The first step in solving a problem is to identify and understand the problem. This includes gathering all necessary information, breaking down the problem into smaller parts, and determining the goal or desired outcome.

How can I effectively brainstorm for solutions?

To effectively brainstorm for solutions, you can use techniques such as mind mapping, listing out all possible solutions, and considering different perspectives. It's important to keep an open mind and avoid judging or dismissing any ideas during this process.

What is the importance of breaking down a problem into smaller parts?

Breaking down a problem into smaller parts helps to make the problem more manageable and easier to solve. It allows you to focus on one aspect at a time and can also reveal any underlying issues that may not have been apparent before.

How can I test and evaluate potential solutions?

To test and evaluate potential solutions, you can use methods such as trial and error, creating prototypes, and gathering feedback from others. It's important to consider the feasibility, practicality, and potential effectiveness of each solution before making a decision.

What should I do if I am stuck or unable to solve a problem?

If you are stuck or unable to solve a problem, it's important to take a step back and approach the problem from a different angle. You can also seek help from others, do additional research, or take a break and come back to it with a fresh perspective.