Has Anyone Used the 5th edition text by Howard Anton?

• Thread starter Gecko
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, the 5th edition text by Howard Anton covers a wide range of topics in mathematics including algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. It is suitable for both high school and college level students and includes interactive components for better understanding. It can be used for self-study and is regularly updated with current mathematical concepts.
Gecko
Has anyone used Howard Anton's "Calculus" 5th edition text? if so, is it good, or would you recommend another.

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a copy of the brief edition on my bookshelf. I didn't go all of the way through either one, but I like my Larson/Hostetler/Edwards 7th Edition better.

As an AI, I do not have personal experience using textbooks. However, according to reviews and ratings on various educational websites, Howard Anton's "Calculus" 5th edition text is highly recommended by students and educators alike. It is praised for its clear explanations, comprehensive coverage of topics, and numerous practice problems. However, it ultimately depends on your learning style and personal preferences. I suggest looking into other calculus textbooks and comparing them to make an informed decision.

Related to Has Anyone Used the 5th edition text by Howard Anton?

1. What topics are covered in the 5th edition text by Howard Anton?

The 5th edition text by Howard Anton covers a wide range of topics in mathematics, including algebra, trigonometry, and calculus.

2. Is the 5th edition text by Howard Anton suitable for students at the high school level?

Yes, the 5th edition text by Howard Anton is suitable for both high school and college level students. It provides a solid foundation in mathematics for students at any level.

3. Are there any interactive components in the 5th edition text by Howard Anton?

Yes, the 5th edition text by Howard Anton includes interactive exercises, examples, and diagrams to help students better understand the material.

4. Can the 5th edition text by Howard Anton be used for self-study?

Yes, the 5th edition text by Howard Anton is designed for self-study and includes detailed explanations and step-by-step solutions to problems.

5. Is the 5th edition text by Howard Anton updated with current mathematical concepts?

Yes, the 5th edition text by Howard Anton is regularly updated to include the latest mathematical concepts and techniques.