Guides for learning aeronautics

• Thread starter ABD EL HAMEED
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aeronautics
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's interest in aeronautics and their desire to learn it as a hobby. They are seeking guidance on where to start and someone recommends Anderson's Introduction to Flight as a good resource, but also mentions that it may be expensive. Another person suggests Anderson's Fundamentals of Aerodynamics for a more in-depth understanding. The speaker thanks them and plans to look into it after starting with the introduction to aeronautics.
ABD EL HAMEED
Hello,
I'm very interested in aeronautics and I want to learn it as a hobby (maybe I'll even make RC planes) but I really don't know where to start from
So if anyone could guide me and tell me where to start from that would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
Anyone?

If you want just a general overview to get you started then Introduction to Flight by Anderson would be a good place. It isn't cheap though, unfortunately. Maybe try and procure a used copy somewhere?

boneh3ad said:
If you want just a general overview to get you started then Introduction to Flight by Anderson would be a good place. It isn't cheap though, unfortunately. Maybe try and procure a used copy somewhere?

Thanks I'll look for it then

I'll second (albeit a bit tardily) the recommendation for Anderson's Introduction to Flight. It's a good book.

If you want something more on aerodynamics, Anderson's Fundamentals of Aerodynamics is a good book.

jhae2.718 said:
I'll second (albeit a bit tardily) the recommendation for Anderson's Introduction to Flight. It's a good book.

If you want something more on aerodynamics, Anderson's Fundamentals of Aerodynamics is a good book.

Thanks
I'll look into it when I'm done with the introduction to aeronautics first

Related to Guides for learning aeronautics

1. What is aeronautics?

Aeronautics is the study and practice of designing, building, and operating aircraft and other flying machines. It involves principles of physics, aerodynamics, and materials science.

2. What are some common types of aircraft in aeronautics?

Some common types of aircraft in aeronautics include airplanes, helicopters, gliders, and drones. Each type has its own unique design and purpose.

3. What skills are needed to learn aeronautics?

To learn aeronautics, one should have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. Other important skills include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and good communication.

4. What are the career opportunities in aeronautics?

Career opportunities in aeronautics include aerospace engineering, aircraft design and manufacturing, pilot or flight engineer, air traffic control, and research and development. There are also opportunities in related fields such as defense, space exploration, and aviation management.

5. How can I get started learning about aeronautics?

There are many ways to get started learning about aeronautics. Some options include taking courses or workshops at a university or technical school, attending a flight school, joining a club or organization related to aeronautics, or doing online research and self-study. It is also helpful to gain hands-on experience through internships or job shadowing opportunities.