Good, free, antivirus software?

• Thread starter cristo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, there are several good, free antivirus software options available including AVG Free, Avast, CCleaner, and Spybot. Each of these have their own unique features and can effectively protect against viruses. It is recommended to try out each one and let personal preference determine which is the best fit for individual needs.
cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Does anyone know of any good, free, antivirus software?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, thanks guys, I'll try both of them out. It's for my parents, so I'll let them decide which one they can use better!

Related to Good, free, antivirus software?

1. What is the best free antivirus software available?

There are many good free antivirus software options available, such as Avast, AVG, and Avira. It ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences.

2. Is free antivirus software as effective as paid antivirus software?

Yes, free antivirus software can be just as effective as paid antivirus software. However, paid software often offers additional features and customer support.

3. Can I trust free antivirus software to protect my computer?

Yes, as long as you download the software from a reputable source and keep it updated, free antivirus software can effectively protect your computer from viruses and malware.

4. Are there any downsides to using free antivirus software?

Some free antivirus software may have limited features compared to paid software. Additionally, some may have annoying pop-ups or advertisements. It's important to research and read reviews before choosing a free antivirus software.

5. Can I use multiple free antivirus software programs on my computer?

No, it is not recommended to use multiple antivirus software programs on the same computer. This can cause conflicts and slow down your computer's performance. It's best to choose one reliable antivirus software and stick with it.