Furthering Physics education inline with current job

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's education in Pure Physics and their interest in combining it with another area of study. The suggestion was made to study the motion of ground water and the transport of contaminants, especially in areas where past practices or current activities may have caused contamination.
GinaPNG
Hi, I have a Degree in Pure Physics and I was recruited last year as a cadet hydrographer for a mine. Hydrography is the branch of applied sciences which deals with the measurement and description of the physical features of terrestrial water catchments, as well as with the prediction of their change over time.

I would very much like to fuse my physics education with another area of study in order to develop my knowledge. Any ideas where I should go from here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you do anything to do with motion of ground water through soil and rock? You could study the transport of contaminants. This could take you to places where things were buried in the past when standards were lax. Or where people didn't follow the rules. Or where people are doing things like fracking that are reported to contaminate ground water.

Likes GinaPNG

Related to Furthering Physics education inline with current job

What is the importance of furthering physics education in line with current job?

Furthering physics education in line with current job is important because it allows scientists to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and techniques in the field. This can lead to improved job performance and increased opportunities for career advancement.

What resources are available for furthering physics education while working?

There are many resources available for furthering physics education while working, including online courses, workshops, conferences, and professional development programs. Many employers also offer tuition reimbursement or funding for continuing education.

How can furthering physics education benefit my current job?

Furthering physics education can benefit your current job by improving your knowledge and skills, which can lead to increased productivity, problem-solving abilities, and innovation. It can also make you a more valuable asset to your team and organization.

What challenges may arise when trying to balance furthering physics education with a full-time job?

Balancing furthering physics education with a full-time job can be challenging due to time constraints and conflicting priorities. It may require effective time management and sacrifice in other areas, but the benefits of continued education make it worth the effort.

How can I incorporate my current job into my physics education?

There are many ways to incorporate your current job into your physics education, such as conducting research related to your job, attending conferences or workshops related to your job, or seeking out mentors or colleagues who can provide real-world examples and applications of physics concepts. You can also consider pursuing a graduate degree or certification program that aligns with your job and interests.