Fortran Code problems linking to LAPACK library

In summary, the user is seeking help with linking a Fortran code to a library using Code Blocks as an IDE. A helpful resource for this task is provided.
MrElec
Hi,

I have a main Fortran code (*.f90) which can calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors using LAPACK library. Unfortunately, i can't excute this program because i can't link it to the library. I'm using Code Blocks as IDE environment. Any help please.

Technology news on Phys.org
MrElec said:
Hi,

I have a main Fortran code (*.f90) which can calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors using LAPACK library. Unfortunately, i can't excute this program because i can't link it to the library. I'm using Code Blocks as IDE environment. Any help please.
Here's a link to the English version of the Code Blocks documentation - http://www.codeblocks.org/docs/manual_en.pdf. See sections 1.12 and 2.10 for directions on linking library code to your application.

Likes MrElec and jedishrfu

Related to Fortran Code problems linking to LAPACK library

What is Fortran?

Fortran is a high-level programming language commonly used in scientific and engineering applications. It was first developed in the 1950s and has since undergone several updates, with the most recent version being Fortran 2018.

What is LAPACK?

LAPACK (Linear Algebra Package) is a collection of subroutines for performing numerical linear algebra operations, such as solving systems of linear equations and computing eigenvalues and eigenvectors. It is commonly used in scientific computing and is written in Fortran.

Why am I having problems linking my Fortran code to LAPACK?

There could be several reasons why you are having problems linking your Fortran code to LAPACK. Some potential issues could include incorrect compiler options, missing or outdated LAPACK libraries, or incompatible versions of Fortran and LAPACK.

How can I fix linking problems with LAPACK?

To fix linking problems with LAPACK, you can try checking your compiler options and making sure they are correct for your specific Fortran and LAPACK versions. Additionally, make sure you have the latest version of LAPACK installed and that it is compatible with your Fortran compiler.

Is there a way to check if my Fortran code is correctly linked to LAPACK?

Yes, there are several ways to check if your Fortran code is correctly linked to LAPACK. You can use a debugger to step through your code and check for any errors or you can use a tool like "ldd" to check for any missing or incorrect libraries. Additionally, you can also try running a small test program that uses LAPACK to see if it runs successfully.