Finding the movement equation (non intertial system)

In summary, a particle of mass ##m## is embedded in a circular rail without friction. At point C, the particle has zero velocity and a force is applied to the rail, causing it to accelerate with constant acceleration ##\vec A##. Using a non-inertial system fixed to the rail, the Newton's equations are arranged and the movement equation of the particle is found. The equation for ##\ddot{\varphi}## is integrated to get ##\dot{\varphi}(\varphi)##, but the equation for ##\varphi(t)## needs to be found and the author is currently stuck at this point. It may be helpful to determine the "effective" acceleration of gravity, ##g_{
velvetmist

Homework Statement

A particle of a mass ##m## is embedded in a circular rail, (radius: ##R##), without any friction. In a given moment, the particle finds itselfs without velocity at point C, and a force is applied on the rail, which starts moving with an ## \vec A ## constant acceleration. Use a non-inertial system fixed to the rail to solve the problem.

Arrange the Newton's equations, and find the movement equation of the particle.

(It was originally in spanish that's why I only screenshoted the graph)
46416541651.JPG

Homework Equations

## \vec F' = m\vec a - m \vec A ##

The Attempt at a Solution

## \vec F_v = bending force ##

So I manage to integrate ##\ddot \varphi## so i get ##\dot \varphi (\varphi)##, but I guess i have to find ##\varphi (t)## to get the movement equation, and I'm really stuck at this point.
4646846.jpg

84664.jpg

Attachments

• 84664.jpg
    84664.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 4646846.jpg
    4646846.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 46416541651.JPG
    46416541651.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 340
Physics news on Phys.org
What does your equation for ##\ddot{\varphi}## look like? Where is ##\varphi## measured from? I assume that the mass is instantaneously at rest relative to the circle's reference frame. It may help your thinking to consider that in a non-inertial frame accelerating with constant acceleration, there is an "effective" acceleration of gravity ##g_{eff.}## and find its magnitude and direction.

Last edited:

Related to Finding the movement equation (non intertial system)

What is a non-inertial system?

A non-inertial system is a frame of reference in which Newton's laws of motion do not hold true. This means that an object's motion in this system is not simply determined by the forces acting on it.

Why is it important to find the movement equation in a non-inertial system?

Finding the movement equation in a non-inertial system is important because it allows us to accurately describe and predict the motion of objects in this system. It also helps us understand the forces at work and how they affect the motion of the object.

What factors affect the movement equation in a non-inertial system?

The movement equation in a non-inertial system is affected by a few factors, including the acceleration of the frame of reference, the Coriolis force, and the centrifugal force. These forces must be taken into account when determining the equation of motion.

How can we determine the movement equation in a non-inertial system?

The movement equation in a non-inertial system can be determined by using the laws of motion in a rotating frame of reference. This involves taking into account the acceleration of the frame of reference, as well as any other relevant forces.

What are some real-world applications of finding the movement equation in a non-inertial system?

Finding the movement equation in a non-inertial system has various real-world applications, such as predicting the motion of objects in a rotating spaceship or understanding the movement of particles in a centrifuge. It also plays a crucial role in the design and analysis of complex systems, such as aircraft and satellites.