Find out the amount of the elements

In summary, the conversation discusses how to compute the number of moles in 27g of water and how to find the gram amounts of each element. One method is to use the reaction equation and treat the elements as inputs into a limited reagent problem, while another method is to calculate the mass of hydrogen and oxygen present in water using the formula. The molar mass is the sum of all the element masses and can be used to determine the grams of hydrogen in a mole of water.
Say17
Homework Statement
From the following list, indicate the condition(s) that will enable you to obtain at least 27 g of water.
Relevant Equations
H2O = 2*1.01 + 16 = 18.02
Hi everyone,

I just don't get it how to compute the following task. First I have to find out many moles are in 27g of Water.

27g/18.02 = 1.5mol but afterwards how do I find each elements gram?

d is the correct answer.

Image 18.06.23 at 14.34.jpeg

Physics news on Phys.org
Many ways to skin that cat.

You can start with the reaction equation and treat a,b,c,d as input into a limited reagent problem.

You can calculate mass of hydrogen and oxygen present in water. That's what the formula tells you:

Say17 said:

This is basically what you need - molar mass is sum of masses of all elements involved. How many grams of hydrogen per mole of water? What if you have 1.5 times the amount?

Likes Bystander