Explaining Temperature Increase with Antenna and Tissue

In summary, the power output and absorption of the antenna have no impact on the temperature increase, but the space heater under the tissue is a contributing factor.
SHCampos
Hi;

Let's imagine that I have an antenna and a biological tissue.
The antenna emits the frequency of 1e7 Hz and I have a temperature increase x.
When the antenna emits the frequency of 3e7 and 6e7 Hz the temperature increase is the same.
How can I explain?

Science news on Phys.org
Several possible explanations:
1. Same power output.
2. Same sbsorption.
3. The temperature increase was due to the electric space heater placed under the biological tissue and had nothing to do with the radio waves.

Likes SHCampos
russ_watters said:
Several possible explanations:
1. Same power output.
2. Same sbsorption.
3. The temperature increase was due to the electric space heater placed under the biological tissue and had nothing to do with the radio waves.

The power output of the antenna is the same, but the absortion of the tissue is different, and there is no way that the temperature increase can only be related to tissue.
Anyway, thaanks!

SHCampos said:
...the absortion of the tissue is different...
How can you be sure of this?

russ_watters said:
4. The biological tissue is living (or decomposing) and self-generating thermal energy.

Is there a control sample that is not irradiated?

Likes russ_watters
SHCampos said:
Hi;

Let's imagine that I have an antenna and a biological tissue.
The antenna emits the frequency of 1e7 Hz and I have a temperature increase x.
When the antenna emits the frequency of 3e7 and 6e7 Hz the temperature increase is the same.
How can I explain?

This is silly. You’re asking us to explain something you imagined! Imagine that!

I imagine no temperature change. My imagination is as valid as yours.

Zz.

Likes russ_watters, Vanadium 50, nasu and 1 other person
ZapperZ said:
I imagine no temperature change.
My imaginary space heater disagrees. ?:)

russ_watters said:
How can you be sure of this?
Because the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) is differente

jbriggs444 said:
4. The biological tissue is living (or decomposing) and self-generating thermal energy.

Is there a control sample that is not irradiated?
This makes a lot of sense
Thank you

Related to Explaining Temperature Increase with Antenna and Tissue

1. How does an antenna affect temperature in tissue?

An antenna can cause an increase in temperature in tissue due to the absorption of electromagnetic energy. This energy is converted into heat, which can raise the temperature of the surrounding tissue.

2. What is the specific mechanism by which an antenna affects temperature in tissue?

The specific mechanism is known as dielectric heating. This occurs when the antenna emits electromagnetic waves, which are absorbed by the tissue. The absorbed energy causes the molecules in the tissue to vibrate, generating heat.

3. Is the increase in temperature significant enough to cause harm?

The increase in temperature can vary depending on factors such as the type of antenna, distance from the antenna, and duration of exposure. In some cases, the temperature increase may be negligible, while in others it may reach levels that can cause harm to tissue if exposed for extended periods of time.

4. Are there any safety regulations in place to limit temperature increase from antennas?

Yes, there are safety regulations in place to limit the temperature increase from antennas. These regulations, set by organizations such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), ensure that the levels of electromagnetic energy emitted by antennas are within safe limits to prevent harm to tissue.

5. Can the temperature increase from antennas be mitigated?

Yes, there are ways to mitigate the temperature increase from antennas. These include using antennas with lower power outputs, increasing the distance between the antenna and tissue, and limiting the duration of exposure. It is important to follow safety guidelines and regulations to minimize the potential for harm from temperature increase in tissue.