Ever Seen a Stainless Steel and Brass 8 Ball? This Guy Made One!

• Wood/Glass/Metal
  • Thread starter anorlunda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Metal
In summary, this guy is an amazing craftsman with a great sense of humor. His video is very entertaining to watch and I highly recommend it.
anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
TL;DR Summary
Make an 8 Ball Out of Solid Stainless Steel and Brass
I have always been impressed by all the projects on this guy's Youtube channel, but this project takes the cake. His mix of art, shop skills, and engineering skills are awesome, and the video is great fun to watch. No question, just sharing.

"I Make an 8 Ball Out of Solid Stainless Steel and Brass"

• Wow
Likes 256bits, OmCheeto, Borek and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool, thanks. I like that he doesn't voice-over, just uses brief subtitles to explain some of the steps. The start of the video reminds me of the movie "Patton". :smile:

Likes anorlunda
Machining a perfect sphere in a lathe and mill is a remarkable achievement.
Continuing the spherical shape by hand, using a file and obtaining an almost perfect shape is even more remarkable.

Thank you for posting it, @anorlunda. :smile: 👍

Likes anorlunda
That is definitely one of the best things I have seen for a while. That is either because I haven't been getting out much, or because it is such a good job. I would say a bit of both, but a hell of a lot more of the "good job" part. I love it.

Likes anorlunda and Lnewqban
That isn’t too cool. It’s at least a three or four.

Likes Dale and BillTre
Whipley Snidelash said:
That isn’t too cool. It’s at least a three or four.
??

berkeman said:
??
It’s a compliment and a really bad joke I guess

berkeman said:
??
It isn't 2 cool, it's a 3 or a 4.

Try to keep up here, Mike :oldlaugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes Jodo, Tom.G, berkeman and 2 others
phinds said:

Try to keep up here, Mike:oldlaugh:

You know how it is, get a demerit and the powers that be start looking for ways to get you. True scientific behavior.

Whipley Snidelash said:
You know how it is, get a demerit and the powers that be start looking for ways to get you. True scientific behavior.
I hope that's a joke. It not only isn't true, it is offensive.

phinds said:

Try to keep up here, Mike:oldlaugh:
Ohhh! I get it now. Little slow here sometimes... o0)

phinds said:
It's no big deal. Dale gave him a bigger one... :wink:

Sorry but this website makes me feel like I have a target on my back every time I post anything

Whipley Snidelash said:
Sorry but this website makes me feel like I have a target on my back every time I post anything
My experience is that the monitors are fair. Newcomers sometimes are put off by the directness of some replies but it is never personal.

Likes berkeman
Whipley Snidelash said:
phinds said:
Hmm... Looks like @phinds has lived a rather cloistered life!

Tom.G said:
Hmm... Looks like @phinds has lived a rather cloistered life!
I well, I AM a dog after all. :smile:

• Wow
Likes Tom.G

Related to Ever Seen a Stainless Steel and Brass 8 Ball? This Guy Made One!

1. What is a stainless steel and brass 8 ball?

A stainless steel and brass 8 ball is a unique and custom-made pool ball that is made from a combination of stainless steel and brass materials. It is a one-of-a-kind piece that is both functional and visually appealing.

2. How is a stainless steel and brass 8 ball made?

The process of making a stainless steel and brass 8 ball involves precision machining and hand polishing. The stainless steel and brass materials are carefully shaped and combined to create the perfect spherical shape. The ball is then polished to give it a smooth and shiny finish.

3. What makes a stainless steel and brass 8 ball special?

The combination of stainless steel and brass materials makes a stainless steel and brass 8 ball stand out from traditional pool balls. The unique materials give the ball a modern and industrial look, while still maintaining its function as a pool ball.

4. Can a stainless steel and brass 8 ball be used for playing pool?

Yes, a stainless steel and brass 8 ball can be used for playing pool. It has the same weight and size as a traditional pool ball, making it suitable for use on any standard pool table. However, due to its unique materials, it may have a slightly different feel when played with.

5. Where can I get a stainless steel and brass 8 ball?

A stainless steel and brass 8 ball is a custom-made item and can be purchased from specialty pool ball manufacturers or custom metal fabrication shops. It may also be available for purchase online from certain retailers. However, due to its rarity and uniqueness, it may come at a higher cost than traditional pool balls.