English Grammar Help: Learn to Write Correctly

• Thread starter Herbststurm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary, you will find here a general overview of physics topics. You can browse through articles on the website or ask a question in the comments section below.
Herbststurm
Hello,

I need help in the english language. I wrote for my homepage this sentence and I am not sure as I wrote it correct or wrong. My english is still in childrens boots.

Here is it:

You will find here a general conspectus about physics. Please choose a topic you are interested in. I am always searching for material at the highest stage picking cognizant suitable for privat study

Thanks a lot.
greeting
Herbststurm

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not correct English, but I'm not sure how to help fix it, because the words that are problematic don't make enough sense to me to suggest better alternatives.

"conspectus"
"cognizant"

They make no sense in the context, so I think you've just chosen wrong words. But, as I said, that makes it hard to suggest alternatives since I'm not sure what you meant to say.

"privat" should be "private" At least I can help with that much. :smile:

Herbststurm said:
You will find here a general conspectus about physics. Please choose a topic you are interested in. I am always searching for material at the highest stage picking cognizant suitable for privat study

Below is a general outline of Physics. Pick a topic of interest. I am always looking for high quality subject material suitable for private study.

Try posting the way you would write it in German. There are probably some people here who know enough of both German and English that they can suggest improvements.

LowlyPion said:
Below is a general outline of Physics. Pick a topic of interest. I am always looking for high quality subject material suitable for private study.

I don't think that's below.

Go to the physics sites and see what they have in "About Us" section ...
Your guide to physics on the web. Physics.org is the place to be if you have a burning physics question, or if you just want to browse articles and ...

rootX said:
I don't think that's below.

Ok above then. I have no idea what page he is translating or the context of where his outline is. Feel free to translate it.

Related to English Grammar Help: Learn to Write Correctly

1. What is the importance of learning English grammar?

Learning English grammar is important because it helps us communicate effectively and accurately. It allows us to understand the rules of the language, which helps us avoid common mistakes and produce clear and coherent writing.

2. How can I improve my English grammar skills?

One way to improve your English grammar skills is to practice regularly by reading and writing in English. You can also seek out online resources, such as grammar exercises and quizzes, or enroll in a grammar course.

3. What are some common grammar mistakes to watch out for?

Some common grammar mistakes to watch out for include subject-verb agreement, incorrect word usage, and punctuation errors. It's important to proofread your writing carefully to catch and correct these mistakes.

4. How can I remember grammar rules and exceptions?

One way to remember grammar rules and exceptions is to create a study plan and practice regularly. You can also use mnemonic devices or make flashcards to help you remember specific rules and exceptions.

5. Are there any helpful tools or resources for learning English grammar?

Yes, there are many helpful tools and resources for learning English grammar, such as grammar books, online grammar checkers, and grammar apps. You can also join online forums or groups to get help from others and practice your grammar skills.