Electronic engineering technology and signal processing

In summary, the individual is in their final year of an electronics engineering technology program and has developed an interest in analog and digital signal processing, filters, amplifiers, etc. They are wondering if there are job opportunities in these areas for someone at their level, as most job postings require an electrical engineering degree. They are also wondering what subjects they may be missing from their diploma program and if they could learn them on their own. It is mentioned that they have taken two calculus courses, covering differentiation, integration, and applied calculus for circuits.
jorano
hello I am in the final year of my electronics engineering technology program and I've really developed an interest in subjects such as analog and digital signal processing, filters, amplifiers, etc.

are there jobs in these areas for people at my level? I've been doing some job searching and it seems that they all require some sort of degree in electrical engineering. I am only in a diploma program and if i could afford doing a longer degree program, i would. but what subjects would i be missing? i guess i could probably learn these on my own from books too

Physics news on Phys.org
For starters, does your diploma cover any calculus?

We have had two calculus courses, the first covering the basics of differentiation and integration, and second course is on applied calculus to simple circuits, using laplace transforms and Fourier series.

Related to Electronic engineering technology and signal processing

1. What is electronic engineering technology?

Electronic engineering technology is a field of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of electronic systems and devices. This includes everything from small electronic components to large-scale systems such as computers and communication networks.

2. What is signal processing?

Signal processing is the analysis, manipulation, and interpretation of signals, which are any form of information that varies over time. This can include audio, video, images, and other types of data. Signal processing is used in a wide range of applications, including telecommunications, audio and video processing, medical imaging, and many others.

3. What types of electronic devices use signal processing?

Signal processing is used in a variety of electronic devices, including cell phones, computers, televisions, cameras, and many others. It is also used in industrial and scientific equipment, such as sensors and data acquisition systems.

4. How does electronic engineering technology impact our daily lives?

Electronic engineering technology has a significant impact on our daily lives. It is responsible for the development of many devices and technologies that we use on a daily basis, such as smartphones, computers, and the internet. Electronic engineering technology also plays a crucial role in industries such as healthcare, transportation, and communications.

5. What skills are required to work in electronic engineering technology and signal processing?

To work in electronic engineering technology and signal processing, you will need a strong foundation in math and physics, as well as knowledge of electronic components and circuits. You will also need to be proficient in programming languages and have excellent problem-solving skills. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important in this field.