Electric fields between point charges

In summary, there is a discussion about the convention of referencing the angle from the positive x-axis instead of the y-axis. It is pointed out that the solution should state "angle from the line AP" instead of "to the line AP".
AliTheAlienTV
Member warned that we strongly discourage images of the problem statement and work done.
Homework Statement
Question 2c: I've attempted the question, I've got the magnitude right but I got the angle wrong. I don't understand why the value of the components are swapped around.
Relevant Equations
Electric fields
Screenshot_2023-03-27-12-52-14-096_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-16-15-07-14-513-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I’m guessing it’s just convention to reference the angle from the positive x-axis instead of the y-axis.

To nitpick your solution should say “angle from the line AP” not “to the line AP”

PhDeezNutz said:
I’m guessing it’s just convention to reference the angle from the positive x-axis instead of the y-axis.

To nitpick your solution should say “angle from the line AP” not “to the line AP”
PhDeezNutz said:

Attachments

• 16799522405956579565208424762276.jpg
    16799522405956579565208424762276.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 52
PhDeezNutz said:

PhDeezNutz said: