Elec & mag, current wire in solenoid

In summary, the person is asking for help with a problem and has provided links to pictures of the problem and their solution on their MySpace page. They are seeking feedback on their solution and are struggling with their E & M course.
AshesToFeonix

Homework Statement

I took pictures of the problem with my camera, along with my solution. I couldn't get the picture to show on here, so I uploaded them to my myspace. please look at the pics in the links!

the problem:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=24189697&albumID=1407452&imageID=46008052

my solution:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=24189697&albumID=1407452&imageID=46009488

can someone look at what I did and tell me if I'm even close to the right answer? I'm incredibly lost in my E & M course...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Homework Equations n/aThe Attempt at a SolutionI cannot answer this question since I cannot access the pictures.

Related to Elec & mag, current wire in solenoid

1. What is an electromagnet?

An electromagnet is a type of magnet that is created by passing an electric current through a coil of wire. The strength of the magnet can be increased or decreased by changing the amount of current flowing through the wire.

2. How does a solenoid work?

A solenoid is a coil of wire that, when an electric current is passed through it, creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field can be used to attract or repel other magnets, or to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy in devices such as doorbells and relays.

3. What is the relationship between current and magnetic field in a solenoid?

The strength of the magnetic field produced by a solenoid is directly proportional to the amount of current flowing through the wire. This means that increasing the current will result in a stronger magnetic field, while decreasing the current will result in a weaker magnetic field.

4. How is the direction of the magnetic field determined in a solenoid?

The direction of the magnetic field in a solenoid is determined by the direction of the current flowing through the wire. The magnetic field will always form a circular pattern around the wire, with the direction of the field determined by the right hand rule.

5. What are some practical applications of solenoids and electromagnets?

Solenoids and electromagnets have many practical applications, such as in electric motors, generators, and speakers. They are also used in MRI machines, particle accelerators, and various industrial and scientific equipment. They are also commonly used in household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, and electric locks.