Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer

• Thread starter pergradus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the conversation is about finding a program that can read both PDF and DJVU files and has features such as adding bookmarks and annotations, without cluttering the screen. Suggestions include Blio, iBooks for iPod touch, a light version of Adobe's Reader, and Windjvu. It is also suggested to use Universal Document Converter for converting files instead of using a single program for both file types.
pergradus
Hi, I have a couple e-books, some in .pdf some in .djvu format. I'm trying to find a good program that ideally can use both formats and that is specifically designed for people who want to read on their computers.

I just want to be able to add bookmarks and possibly make annotations, but with an interface that does not clutter the screen and is suited to reading and can easily move from page to page or scroll down.

Any suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org
MathWarrior said:
Try checking out this:

http://www.blio.com/

Suppose to be good.

thanks but that is proprietary file format and is basically a front for selling e-books. I already have the books, I just want a good program view them with, I don't want to purchase new ones.

don't know if this is any help, but my iPod touch had iBooks, ths is great for reading pdf's It has bookmakrs and everything

You did not specify the OS, I assume it's Windows.
Why using a single program when you can have two specialized programs?
There once were a 'light' version of Adobe's Reader, perhaps it's still around.
As for djvu, I'd suggest Windjvu.

I think instead of using the program that uses both the files i would recommend to use a You can use Universal Document Converter for converting the files.

Related to Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer

What is "Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer"?

"Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer" is a computer program that allows users to read and organize e-books on their computer. It provides a user-friendly interface for managing and reading digital books, making it easier and more efficient for users to access and navigate through their e-book collection.

How does "Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer" work?

The software works by allowing users to upload their e-books into the program, which then organizes and displays them in a library format. Users can then easily search, categorize, and access their e-books through the software's interface. The program also offers features such as bookmarking, note-taking, and customizable reading settings.

What are the benefits of using "Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer"?

Using this software allows for a more organized and efficient way of managing and reading e-books. It saves users time by providing a centralized location for all their e-books and offers features that enhance the reading experience, such as customizable settings, note-taking, and bookmarking. It also eliminates the need for physical books, making it a more environmentally friendly option.

Is "Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer" user-friendly?

Yes, the software is designed to be user-friendly, with a simple and intuitive interface. It requires minimal technical knowledge to use and offers helpful features such as tutorials and customer support to assist users in navigating the program.

Can "Efficient E-book Software for Organized Reading on Your Computer" be used on multiple devices?

Yes, most e-book software is compatible with various devices, including computers, tablets, and smartphones. This allows users to access their e-book collection on multiple devices, making it convenient for reading on-the-go.