Dynamic meshing 2 stroke engine issue

However, they are struggling with creating a UDF (user defined function) for the dynamic meshing aspect of their project. They specifically need help with moving two piston heads in opposite directions within the same cylinder. Other members of the conversation are not familiar with UDFs but are also working on similar projects.
tonisantos
Hello everyone,
im a 5th year student and I am doing my final project which consists on analyzing the scavenging process of a 2 stroke opposed piston engine, but I am having a hard time creating the UDF for the dynamic meshing thing.
Could anyone please help me?

Engineering news on Phys.org
OK, first, what part of the mesh needs to move? Why do you not just apply a time-dependant boundary condition?

Also, what is a UDF file? I assume something related to the grid motion.

UDF (user defined function) is required to get dynamic meshes working...
I need to move 2 piston heads inside the same cilinder in oposite directions

Right, we use CFX here, so I'm not familiar with these UDFs.

Hello, I am also simulating a two stroke opposed piston engine. Has anyone managed to program a UDF for the dynamic mesh please? Thanks.

Darren

Related to Dynamic meshing 2 stroke engine issue

1. What is dynamic meshing in a 2 stroke engine?

Dynamic meshing is the process of the meshing or engagement of the gears or rotating components in a 2 stroke engine. This is essential for the proper functioning of the engine and to ensure smooth power delivery.

2. What causes issues with dynamic meshing in a 2 stroke engine?

There are several factors that can contribute to issues with dynamic meshing in a 2 stroke engine. These include worn out or damaged gears, misalignment of components, insufficient lubrication, and excessive vibration.

3. How do you diagnose and fix dynamic meshing issues in a 2 stroke engine?

Diagnosing dynamic meshing issues in a 2 stroke engine involves inspecting the gears and components for wear and damage, checking for misalignment, and ensuring proper lubrication. Depending on the issue, repairs may involve replacing worn or damaged parts, realigning components, or adjusting lubrication levels.

4. Can dynamic meshing issues be prevented in a 2 stroke engine?

Yes, dynamic meshing issues can be prevented in a 2 stroke engine by regularly maintaining and inspecting the gears and components, ensuring proper lubrication, and addressing any issues promptly before they worsen.

5. How important is proper dynamic meshing for the performance of a 2 stroke engine?

Proper dynamic meshing is crucial for the performance of a 2 stroke engine. It ensures efficient power delivery, reduces wear and tear on components, and helps prevent engine failures. Neglecting dynamic meshing issues can lead to more significant problems and potentially costly repairs.