Does anyone know how this motor from Quantum Energy works?

• Thread starter CWatters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, there is a company called Quantum Energy that has a motor which they claim works using magnets, a battery, and a computer. They also have a factory and training/recruitment center in Wyoming. However, there are red flags such as their insistence that it is not a perpetual motion machine and vague claims on their website. Upon further investigation, it appears that their "photonic lights" are not a viable source of energy and their motor may be a hoax. The conversation ends with the decision to lock the discussion thread and delete the links.
CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Does anyone know how this motor from Quantum Energy (aka Inductance Energy) works? They have a series of videos on their channel, this being is just the latest. I think their facory in Byron, Wyoming was part funded by a government loan..

Factory and training/recruitment center..

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure there is a battery involved. Magnets, a battery, and a computer. What could be more transparent?

Likes russ_watters
As a rule of thumb, when the first thing someone tells you is that their invention isn't a perpetual motion machine (before you can even think to ask), that means it's a perpetual motion machine. The website is filled with technobabble and vague claims that sure sound like perpetual motion. Also, "photonic lights" :rolleyes: which generate electricity from light fixtures.

I'll give it a bit more of a look, but we're probably headed for a lock here...

[edit] Ok, so the "photonic lights" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: aren't a PMM they are just a bad idea: replace the reflector on a light fixture with a PV array.

[edit2] Watching the first video: he's hand-cranking the flywheel (he says it's usually motor-driven by a "control circuit" that rotates the "attenuator"). It's a PMM hoax, but he evidently doesn't even realize it (maybe...). I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread and delete the links.

[edit3] Ok, the "photonic lights" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: claim is 50% input energy recovery, which is impossible given the efficiency of the lights, and a PMM. So it's looking more like maybe he does know it's a hoax.

Last edited:
Likes CWatters