Didn't do so well in two of my two A-Level

• Thread starter W3bbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    A-level
In summary, Greg, the owner, is out of town for the weekend, and he may not be able to upgrade your contributorship right away. You can ask any questions you want on the homework help forums, and you're welcome to stay!
W3bbo
'ello there.

I didn't do so well in two of my two A-Level last time around (Maths, Physics), so I'm redoing 2 years of A-Levels all over again, but since I did "okayish" in the other two of them (Computing, Electronics) I'll be doing two new subjects (Further Maths, Critical Thinking) to give me a total of 4...

...Which brings me to this place :) One of the reasons I didn't do so well last time was both a lack of interest and understanding of the subjects Maths and Physics. I hope being here (in the collective brain of yours) will help me understand them better (and I'll need it, since I'm doing Further Maths as well).

I was looking through my CGP books earlier, and doing some past-papers to bring me up to speed, I'm genuinely scared I won't be able to perform, at worst being forced to drop Maths and Physics. My issue is with "visualising" certain aspects of Maths, to be able to think about them "nativly" rather than spend time in my higher-brain processing the information. Is this a problem that affected you all at some point or am I just "stupid" (and should I give up now?)

Well "hi" anyway :)

(Oh, I bought that "Contributer" thing, how long does it take for my account to be upgraded?, thanks)

Physics news on Phys.org
W3bbo said:
(Oh, I bought that "Contributer" thing, how long does it take for my account to be upgraded?, thanks)
Greg, the owner, is out of town for the weekend. :frown:

Click on the "contact us" link at the page bottom and remind him to upgrade you, sometimes it doesn't go through automatically.

I will also bring this to his attention.

Welcome to PF!1111111111

Welcome to PF! It sounds like you'll be making good use of the homework help forums. Remember, you don't just have to have homework questions there, you can ask any questions related to your courses if there's something you just don't understand and need explained better or in a different way.

And, as Evo said, the contributorship thing is supposed to activate immediately, but for some reason, it doesn't always do that, so you'll have to wait for Greg to return from the holiday weekend (it's a long weekend here in the U.S.) to manually activate your contributorship. Thanks for contributing!

Moonbear said:
Welcome to PF! It sounds like you'll be making good use of the homework help forums. Remember, you don't just have to have homework questions there, you can ask any questions related to your courses if there's something you just don't understand and need explained better or in a different way.

Not only that, but you can ask questions about... well, basically anything!

I may just lurk, but everyone here's either really nice, or banned. Coincidence? I think not. (:smile:)

Enjoy your stay! :biggrin:

Related to Didn't do so well in two of my two A-Level

1. What are A-Levels and why are they important?

A-Levels are a set of exams taken by students in the United Kingdom, typically at the end of their secondary education. They are important because they are used for university admissions and can also impact job opportunities.

2. Why didn't you do well in two of your A-Levels?

There could be many reasons for not doing well in two A-Levels. Some common reasons include lack of proper preparation, difficulty with the subject matter, personal issues, or unexpected circumstances.

3. How will this affect your future?

It is natural to feel worried about the impact of not performing well in A-Levels. However, it is important to remember that there are alternative paths to achieving your goals, such as retaking the exams, pursuing different subjects, or applying to universities with lower entry requirements.

4. What steps can you take to improve your A-Level grades?

To improve your A-Level grades, it is important to first identify the areas where you struggled and seek help from your teachers or tutors. Creating a study schedule, practicing past papers, and seeking additional resources can also aid in improving your understanding and ultimately your grades.

5. What advice would you give to someone who didn't do well in their A-Levels?

I would advise them to not be too hard on themselves and to focus on finding a solution. Explore different options and paths that can lead to achieving your goals. Seek support from friends, family, and teachers, and remember that one setback does not define your future success.