Demystifying Lifters: Electro-Mechanical Effects Explained

• Thread starter japam
  • Start date
In summary: They are popular mainly because of the lack of an 'official' explanation for anti-gravity and the fact that they are relatively easy to build.
japam
hello all

first time i see a lifter flying was astouning for me, and also the explanations of ionizing air ,antigravity , electrogravity etc..
but thinking best now i think this is purely an electromechanical effect
i mean
the wire and aluminum foil have the same charge ( but opposed ) , hence both attracts each other electrostatically with the same magnitude
what cause the thrust is THE DIFFERNET WAY the force is applied to the wood armature
because the wire apply its force only in 2 points, that is, at its edges
while the aluminum foil apply its force over its support that is over its complete length
i think this hypotese can be refuteable, even without an hv source
and its the simplest of all theories

ysq

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do you accelerate faster if you hold on to the train with both your hands instead of just one hand? No.

Care to post a picture/link/something so that the less enlightened among us have a clue what you're talking about? :bugeye: :confused:

And please don't say 'antigravity', that makes me think of helicopters, and aeroplanes.

A Boeing 737, an antigravity device? Bring it on.

Anything on the subject seems to be commercial, so I tend to keep away. Someone let me know when an unbiased, non-commercial, recognized viewpoint is available.

What I've seen of them, I would characterise them as 'fans without any moving parts'.

They ionise the air with a high voltage, then use an electric field to accelerate the air downwards. This makes them lift. They are usually light wooden, wire and foil structures. The power is supplied along a cable. I never saw one of them powerful enough to lift its own batteries or other power source.

There is usually a lot of hype about 'anti-gravity' or 'space drive' surrounding these things. It only takes someone to demonstrate one working in a vacuum, and scientists might begin to believe. :wink: Unless and until that happens, most 'lifter' fans will continue to be regarded as cranks.

alpha_wolf said:
Care to post a picture/link/something so that the less enlightened among us have a clue what you're talking about? :bugeye: :confused:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

Has pictures.

General consensus is that they work based on ion wind (or possibly polarized wind) propulsion.

Related to Demystifying Lifters: Electro-Mechanical Effects Explained

1. What are lifters and how do they work?

Lifters, also known as electro-gravitic devices, are small, lightweight objects that can levitate and move without any visible means of propulsion. They work by utilizing a high-voltage electrical charge to create an electrostatic field that interacts with the surrounding air, creating a thrust force that propels the lifter in a specific direction.

2. How is lifters' movement different from traditional aircraft?

Lifters' movement is fundamentally different from traditional aircraft in that it does not rely on traditional aerodynamic principles. Instead, lifters use electro-mechanical effects to create thrust, which allows them to move in any direction without the need for wings, propellers, or any other moving parts.

3. What are some potential applications for lifters?

One potential application for lifters is in space exploration, as they do not require any propellant to move and could potentially be used for long-distance travel. They could also be used as silent and energy-efficient propulsion systems for aircraft and drones, and for transporting objects in environments where traditional engines are not feasible, such as underwater or in areas with high radiation levels.

4. Are there any limitations to lifters' capabilities?

Yes, there are several limitations to lifters' capabilities. They are currently limited in the amount of weight they can lift and the distance they can travel, as well as their stability and control. Additionally, lifters require a high-voltage power source, which can be a safety concern and limit their use in certain environments.

5. What advancements are being made in the field of lifters?

Researchers and scientists are constantly working to improve lifters' capabilities and overcome their limitations. This includes developing more efficient power sources, improving stability and control, and increasing the weight and distance capabilities of lifters. Additionally, there is ongoing research into using lifters for various practical applications, such as in air transportation and space travel.