Deciding Between Baldor & Leeson Motors for Smaller Size

• Thread starter AngelaG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motors
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's decision between purchasing a Baldor or Leeson motor for their garage. They are looking for a single HP, 1725 or 1800 RPM, three phase motor with TEFC preferred and 56C frame size. They plan to order it online and are asking for advice. They also mention considering a motor from MROsupply.com but are unsure about the brand. The speaker clarifies that they need a general purpose motor and are leaning towards the Baldor option.
AngelaG
hi people,

Im getting a motor but can't decide between baldor or leeson so Id figure I might try to ask

here:
Single HP
1725 or 1800 RPM
Three Phase
TEFC preferred
56C frame size

Is just one of the brand names preferred with a smaller motor? III be shipping this to my place back home, when I go back so Id most likely order online.

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

It would help if you talked more about its intended use and how you came to decide on Baldor or Leeson.

Thanks jedishrfu,Actually, I need a general purpose motor, that would be universal in my garage.

Im going to buy it online - there's nothing in 1800 RPM, its going to be 1725 RPM and I guess Ill pick it up from this place today (but I've never heard of them, so I am a bit nervous)

https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/26523_vm3546_baldor/

guys, can anybody advice something?

Related to Deciding Between Baldor & Leeson Motors for Smaller Size

1. What are the main differences between Baldor and Leeson motors for smaller sizes?

The main differences between Baldor and Leeson motors for smaller sizes are in their design, efficiency, and cost. Baldor motors are known for their robust and durable design, while Leeson motors are more lightweight and compact. Additionally, Baldor motors tend to have higher efficiency ratings, but they also come at a higher cost compared to Leeson motors.

2. How do I determine which motor is the right fit for my specific application?

To determine which motor is the right fit for your specific application, you should consider factors such as the required power and speed, operating environment, and budget. Consulting with a motor expert or reading product specifications can also help in making an informed decision.

3. Are there any key features that set Baldor and Leeson motors apart?

Yes, there are some key features that set Baldor and Leeson motors apart. Baldor motors are known for their high-quality construction and use of premium materials, such as cast iron. On the other hand, Leeson motors are known for their versatility and ability to be customized for specific applications.

4. What are the maintenance requirements for Baldor and Leeson motors?

The maintenance requirements for Baldor and Leeson motors are similar and will depend on the specific model and application. Generally, both motors require regular cleaning and lubrication, and occasional inspection and replacement of parts such as bearings and belts.

5. Can I use Baldor and Leeson motors interchangeably?

In most cases, yes, you can use Baldor and Leeson motors interchangeably. However, it is important to ensure that the motor you choose meets the specific requirements of your application. It is also recommended to consult with a motor expert to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.