Chemistry vs. Electronic Engineering

In summary, you have applied for both chemistry and electronic engineering due to your interest in both fields. However, some people have suggested that you should only pursue chemistry, leading you to question the value of electronic engineering. It is important to remember that both fields are advanced and offer unique challenges, and it is ultimately up to you to choose the one that aligns best with your interests and goals.
TheLeprechaun
I applied for both chemistry and electronic engineering because I like both of these fields. In fact I like loads of different science fields I just picked these 2 because I can see where I am going with them.

When I tell people I've applied for chemistry they tell me that's a good idea but when I tell them I also applied for electronic engineering they all tell me "just go for chemistry". Most people seem to think electronic engineering isn't an advanced course that requires brains but think that chemistry is. Is electronic engineering not as advanced as chemistry? Would a degree in chemistry be harder to get and better to have than 1 in electronic engineering? Personally I thought both were about the same level. I listed chemistry above electronics so if I'm accepted to both it'll be chemistry but I still like the idea of electronic engineering I wonder why everyone I know has the impression that chemistry is much more worth pursuing.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences regarding your interests in both chemistry and electronic engineering. It is great to see that you have a passion for multiple science fields and are considering both of these courses for your studies.

Firstly, I want to assure you that both chemistry and electronic engineering are advanced courses that require a great deal of intelligence and dedication. Both fields have their own unique challenges and require a strong understanding of scientific principles and problem-solving skills.

It is important to remember that people's opinions and perceptions are often influenced by their own biases and experiences. While some may view chemistry as a more prestigious or valuable field, others may see electronic engineering as a more practical and in-demand field. It is ultimately up to you to determine which field aligns better with your interests and career goals.

In terms of difficulty, it is difficult to compare the two as they require different skill sets and approaches. Chemistry may involve more theoretical and analytical thinking, while electronic engineering may involve more hands-on and technical skills. It is important to choose a field that you are passionate about and willing to put in the effort to excel in.

Ultimately, both a degree in chemistry and electronic engineering can lead to successful and fulfilling careers. It is important to not let others' opinions sway your decision and instead focus on your own interests and strengths. I wish you the best of luck in your studies and future career pursuits.

I understand your interest in both chemistry and electronic engineering. Both fields offer exciting opportunities for research and discovery. It is important to note that both chemistry and electronic engineering require advanced levels of critical thinking, problem-solving, and technical skills.

Chemistry is the study of matter and its properties, while electronic engineering focuses on the design and development of electronic systems. Both fields have their own complexities and challenges, and it ultimately depends on your personal interests and strengths.

It is unfair to say that one field is more advanced or requires more intelligence than the other. They both offer unique and valuable contributions to the scientific community. It is also important to note that the value of a degree is not solely based on its perceived difficulty, but rather on the skills and knowledge gained from it.

I encourage you to pursue your interests and not be swayed by others' opinions. Both chemistry and electronic engineering offer exciting and rewarding career paths. It is up to you to determine which field aligns best with your interests and goals. Ultimately, the most important thing is to find a field that you are passionate about and excel in.

Related to Chemistry vs. Electronic Engineering

1. What is the difference between chemistry and electronic engineering?

Chemistry is a branch of science that deals with the composition, structure, and properties of matter, while electronic engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design and development of electronic devices and systems.

2. Which field has better job opportunities, chemistry or electronic engineering?

Both fields have a wide range of job opportunities, but it ultimately depends on your interests and skills. Chemistry-related jobs can range from research and development to quality control, while electronic engineering jobs can include designing and testing electronic devices and systems.

3. Is knowledge of chemistry important for electronic engineering?

Yes, knowledge of chemistry is important for electronic engineering as it provides a fundamental understanding of the materials used in electronic devices and how they interact with each other. This knowledge is crucial for designing and developing new electronic devices and improving existing ones.

4. Can someone study both chemistry and electronic engineering?

Yes, it is possible to study both chemistry and electronic engineering, as both fields have overlapping principles and can complement each other. However, it may require a longer period of study and dedication to excel in both fields.

5. Which field has a higher demand in the industry, chemistry or electronic engineering?

Both fields have a high demand in the industry, but the demand may vary depending on the specific job market and industry. For example, the demand for electronic engineers may be higher in the technology industry, while the demand for chemists may be higher in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.