Celebrating 50,000 Members - Congratulations PF!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary, PF passed 50,000 today. Some people are suspicious of BobG's screenshot of Nabla as the first name among the "currently active users".
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations PF!

I would imagine that we passed 50,000 sometime today.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
Congratulations PF!

I would imagine that we passed 50,000 sometime today.
Your "today", maybe...not PF's!

So, where is everybody, eh?

Congratulations!

It was just yesterday we were talking about 30 thousand, remember the Nabla scandal :smile:

So mattmns, you finally confess?

Gokul43201 said:
So, where is everybody, eh?

I don't know, eh. When did you pick up the Canadian accent, eh? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't know, eh. When did you pick up the Canadian accent, eh? :biggrin:
Seems it happened shortly after I signed up here. First thread I spoke Canuck, was this one. I bet it was all the Newfies and Cowtowners out here talking 'bout their loonies and toonies.

Bloody strange, wot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, was that the original? I am not sure when/if this was changed, but usually your own user name is listed first! Maybe it was me :confused:

For example:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5962/whowasitnc6.png

here is the original:

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pf300001wk.png

My name was first! So it was not me :smile:

:smile: I was looking closely at your picture Bob. You did a nice job, but you messed up one little thing: You put my name before marcus, which does not follow the spelling rules. :smile:

mattmns said:
:smile: I was looking closely at your picture Bob. You did a nice job, but you messed up one little thing: You put my name before marcus, which does not follow the spelling rules. :smile:
The conspiracy is back!

How does BobG have a screenshot displaying nabla as the first name among the "currently active users"? Very fishy!

Last edited:
mattmns said:
Hmm, was that the original? I am not sure when/if this was changed, but usually your own user name is listed first!

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5962/whowasitnc6.png

And then the members online listed in order of coolness :biggrin: Sorry billiards :-p

Well done PF!

Viva PF! :cool:

And btw, I think there's a big number of highly active members, too!

Congratulations :smile:

Related to Celebrating 50,000 Members - Congratulations PF!

1. What is PF and why is it celebrating 50,000 members?

PF, short for "Physics Forums", is an online community and discussion forum for scientists, researchers, and students to exchange ideas and knowledge about various topics in physics and related fields. The celebration of 50,000 members marks a significant milestone for the forum, as it reflects the growth and recognition of the platform within the scientific community.

2. How long has PF been in existence and how did it reach 50,000 members?

PF was founded in 2001 and has been in existence for over 20 years. The forum has gained popularity and credibility over the years due to its active and engaged community, high-quality discussions, and valuable resources for students and professionals in the field of physics. This has led to a steady increase in its membership, reaching the impressive number of 50,000 members.

3. What benefits does PF provide for its members?

PF offers a platform for members to connect and collaborate with other scientists, share their knowledge and expertise, and engage in discussions about various topics in physics. The forum also provides access to valuable resources such as research papers, textbooks, and study guides. Additionally, members can participate in various challenges and competitions to showcase their skills and knowledge.

4. How does PF maintain the quality of its discussions and resources?

PF has a team of moderators who ensure that all discussions and resources shared on the forum are of high quality and adhere to the forum's guidelines. They also monitor the discussions to promote respectful and constructive interactions among members. The forum also has a peer-review system for research papers and other resources to ensure accuracy and credibility.

5. Can anyone join PF or is it exclusive to scientists and researchers?

While PF primarily caters to scientists and researchers, anyone with an interest in physics and related fields can join the forum. The community welcomes students, educators, and enthusiasts who are passionate about science and eager to learn and contribute to discussions and knowledge sharing.